• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

TOTAL SCAM = FREE Case of Valvoline VR1 Racing Synthetic Motor

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
Re: FREE Case of Valvoline VR1 Racing Synthetic Motor

Excellent! Thanks!

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter

glad to see that i need to do an oil change in my old lincon welder that flat head should love to have racing oil in it.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter

Question for y'all that are buying it. What does it cost where you're at? The rebate is for up to $50 but a quick look for pricing was nearly $100 a case.

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter

Question for y'all that are buying it. What does it cost where you're at? The rebate is for up to $50 but a quick look for pricing was nearly $100 a case.

Hmmmm.....I hadn't looked at that.

BRB....

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter

Be careful Dave. It doesn't look like your selection qualifies. It's not Synthetic so looking at their rebate details, it doesn't qualify.

"One case or six quarts of VR1 Racing Synthetic Motor Oil (note: VR1 Conventional, Not Street Legal or other Valvoline products are not included)."

When I look for their Synthetic as described in their rebate, it's hard to find. They list Advance Auto Parts on their web site but I don't see the product on their web page.

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter

Be careful Dave. It doesn't look like your selection qualifies. It's not Synthetic so looking at their rebate details, it doesn't qualify.

"One case or six quarts of VR1 Racing Synthetic Motor Oil (note: VR1 Conventional, Not Street Legal or other Valvoline products are not included)."

When I look for their Synthetic as described in their rebate, it's hard to find. They list Advance Auto Parts on their web site but I don't see the product on their web page.

Companies that name two different products exactly the same need to be shot in the head and dropped in the ocean.

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter

That seems to be a joke as well. Try to check the availbility and price. It's not available at your store nor available for shipping to you. :unsure: Starting to smell like a fish?

It says it's available at my store.

Attachments

• Valvoline.png
    Valvoline.png
    44.7 KB · Views: 404

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter

I ordered some from my NAPA. I'll have to double check the price before I pay for it.

;)

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter

I called Napa, Autozone, etc. where they listed it's available and each place seemed rather annoyed with the call. They said it's a discontinued oil, they can't order it, and they haven't had any in months. That being the case, some things aren't worth "free" in my book. If it's discontinued, stores are definitely not willing to offer any support, I seriously doubt you'd get far with Valvoline if it cooked your engine. I could see them saying "What, you want us to give you your money back or something?".

Bummer. I printed out the ad, but it looks like I'll take an El Paso on this deal. Thanks just the same for bringing it up to our attention. I've read on plenty of websites where they've run into the same thing I did. It supposedly was replaced with a newer version with a different addative package that's still "not street legal". What's wrong with the stuff they are giving away? The guy at Napa, where I generally get fantastic service, acted like he would prefer to never see Valvoline in their store ever again. YMMV.

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter

A guy I know at O'Reilly's (since they carry Wix oil filters, Wix and Baldwin air filters) told me that he's had several people come in with a printed rebate form wanting to know if it would be good on 20w50. It doesn't say on the form it isn't, but he isn't aware of anyone who has received their money back on 20w50 either.

He too said they haven't had 10w30 VR1 Valvoline in months and cannot order any. That is what is pictured in their rebate web page. He, too, didn't sound too positive about getting your money back on the 20w50. Actually, 20w50 synthetic is all I've ever run in my 572ci and 502ci big block engines anyway. They've only had Red Line, Amsoil, or Royal Purple. All 3 of those are PAO based synthetic oils where, the best I can tell, the Valvoline "racing oil" is just a hydrocracked 'pseudosynthetic' (synthetic enough for the gov't to allow them to call it a synthetic). If anyone can point me to where Valvoline has actually gotten into real synthetic oil that is polyalpha-olefins (Group IV) based, please let me know.

Again, I don't want to start any oil war or act like an oil expert, but having been around several engine builders for decades, they only consider true synthetics to include classes of lubricants like synthetic esters as well as "others" like GTL (Methane Gas-to-Liquid) (Group V) and polyalpha-olefins (Group IV). This seems to be backed up on Wikipedia and several other "non-oil" (i.e. - no advertising from oil companies) websites. As I've mentioned, the only oils I know for a fact fit in this group are Royal Purple, Amsoil and Red Line. And, of course, their price reflects such.

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter

A guy I know at O'Reilly's (since they carry Wix oil filters, Wix and Baldwin air filters) told me that he's had several people come in with a printed rebate form wanting to know if it would be good on 20w50. It doesn't say on the form it isn't, but he isn't aware of anyone who has received their money back on 20w50 either.

He too said they haven't had 10w30 VR1 Valvoline in months and cannot order any. That is what is pictured in their rebate web page. He, too, didn't sound too positive about getting your money back on the 20w50. Actually, 20w50 synthetic is all I've ever run in my 572ci and 502ci big block engines anyway. They've only had Red Line, Amsoil, or Royal Purple. All 3 of those are PAO based synthetic oils where, the best I can tell, the Valvoline "racing oil" is just a hydrocracked 'pseudosynthetic' (synthetic enough for the gov't to allow them to call it a synthetic). If anyone can point me to where Valvoline has actually gotten into real synthetic oil that is polyalpha-olefins (Group IV) based, please let me know.

Again, I don't want to start any oil war or act like an oil expert, but having been around several engine builders for decades, they only consider true synthetics to include classes of lubricants like synthetic esters as well as "others" like GTL (Methane Gas-to-Liquid) (Group V) and polyalpha-olefins (Group IV). This seems to be backed up on Wikipedia and several other "non-oil" (i.e. - no advertising from oil companies) websites. As I've mentioned, the only oils I know for a fact fit in this group are Royal Purple, Amsoil and Red Line. And, of course, their price reflects such.

Dude....free is free. :poke: I'll take a free case of oil to have around the farm to use in the lawnmower or generator.

Now availability...that is another question. :unsure:

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter

Dude....free is free. :poke: I'll take a free case of oil to have around the farm to use in the lawnmower or generator.

Now availability...that is another question. :unsure:

It's free.....maybe. First, can you find it? Second, if not, will they honor 20w50? Almost all racing oil seems to be 20w50. A 'racing oil' that is 10w30 seemed odd anyway. If you find some, be sure to taste it and make sure it's fresh before you use it.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter

They had several weights at my Napa in stock just no 10-30. I'm just going to use it in my lawn mower and generator so I don't care if it's good or not. ;)

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter

They had several weights at my Napa in stock just no 10-30. I'm just going to use it in my lawn mower and generator so I don't care if it's good or not. ;)

Hey dude, the lawnmower I can understand but the generator is probably the one piece of equipment that I want to work and keep on working.

I too printed off the coupon and I'll look in to it but the skeptic in me says that this is too good to be true but as has been said ... free is good!!!!

OK, I'm Scottish, being cheap is in the genes.!!!!

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter

It looks like my local NAPA wasn't listening to me. They got a case of non-Synthetic in - even though I mentioned synthetic about 10 times. They went back to their system and couldn't even find VR1 Synthetic.

Oh well. At least I didn't spend any money.

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter

Trust me, I'm tighter than bark on a tree right now. If I can find how to get some, my renters are going to buy some of the oil whether they like it or not! I have PLENTY of off road equipment that would benefit from the extra ZDDP; Zinc dithiophosphate. It greatly helps in wear prevention. The EPA folks just want us to wear out our engines quicker.

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter

Whoa! They changed the offer!!! No longer a free case! Now it's just $15 off of a case. That's great. I told my dad all about it and he went there and thinks I can't read. He said it's clear as can be, $15 off of a case of their oil; NOT FREE! :hammer:

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter

That's not going to bode well for Valvoline. Pissing people off like this...

AAUTOFAB1

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter

I'll bet the original offer was subject to change............

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter

I found it listed on the O'Reilly auto parts site and printed out the product code - they say it can be ordered. I'll check on the local store in a day or two.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter

Total scam:

Oreilly Auto Parts lists it (Part Numbers: W853, W854, W855) but they only had 4 quarts left and at most 2 of them were the same weight.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter

Not at CarQuest or Baxter either. FU Valvoline - now I'll never buy any of your products.
frown.gif

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Don't you love it when they lure you in with the special and all it turns out to be is bait and switch!:hammer:

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
Don't you love it when they lure you in with the special and all it turns out to be is bait and switch!:hammer:

Oh, it's not bait and switch by Valvoline. :ermm: I just left O'Reilly's and they said they've had plenty of people looking for the "mystery oil" and they tried as a corporation, O'Reilly's, to contact Valvoline about the 'deal'. Valvoline responded by telling O'Reilly's that they would put their regular oil on sale for them later this month. :hammer: :doh:

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
Three months later I discover that Valvoline promoted nothing but a complete scam and they don't pay out the rebate as promised. I'd like this video to get as many hits as possible. I absolutely HATE companies that decieve and steal from the public. Here is what I got from them 3 months after the fact: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xf5kmNYjo88&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL"]Valvoline VR1 Rebate scam[/ame]