• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

MVPA..Convoy to Alaska

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
That is a long run. Hope they have a better seat than Bobcat's or there will be some sore tired backs and butts. The scenery would be fabulous though.

BRGTold

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
My buddy did the convoy acouple years back from NYto Ca..Lincoln Highway..I think they averaged 70-80 miles a day..:w00t2:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
That would be a piece of cake. I drove 300 miles in the Prius and 300 back in the deuce in one day. It was a long ride at 50 mph coming back. Prius got outrageous gas mileage on that trip. I think we averaged 58Mpg.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I am thinking about 5. I ran out right below Williamsport and that was 200 miles on a full tank. Still showed a 1/4 tank but it was sucked dry. Had to run about 5 miles and get a can full and then stopped at the same place and filled it for the last leg home.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
You got to pay to play. It would do better if you were not trying to run interstates. 50 mph was a comfortable speed but it would get to 55 or 60 on a downgrade. That old Hercules was a strong motor on some tough hills above Williamsport. Deuce and fast are not to be spoken in the same sentence.:yum:

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
my m-37 gets about 8 mpg in high range 2 wd in low 4x4 i think it gets about 8 gallons per mile as long as it has some shure foooting some where it would go through about any thing or over anything. i loved how all drive train parts were stuffed up into the frame for protection

Ice Queen

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
The best military fuel guage is a long stick or a piece of pipe to dip in the tank. Never trust a fuel guage in anything, let alone military.