• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

MOVIE: 10 Cloverfield Lane

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Don't normally get to the theater.

On the rare occasions that we do go out to the movies it is usually to see some blockbuster flick. But the lovely Mrs_Bob wanted to go out so....

Interesting movie. John Goodman is the star of the flick, but it also has 2 no-names that co-star with him. One is a cute young woman, the other is a young man who is his former handy-man. The 3 of them are locked in a bomb shelter in rural Louisiana.

Goodman tells the girl that there has been an alien invasion. She believes that Goodman kidnapped her. The young man says he saw the invasion and fought to get into the shelter.

But there are clues that Goodman may have indeed kidnapped the girl . . .

Interesting twists in the flick. Honestly I'd wait for the RedBox rental, but it was entertaining and I didn't fall asleep. Need to kill a couple hours? Not a bad choice to go see.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Don't normally get to the theater.

On the rare occasions that we do go out to the movies it is usually to see some blockbuster flick. But the lovely Mrs_Bob wanted to go out so....

Interesting movie. John Goodman is the star of the flick, but it also has 2 no-names that co-star with him. One is a cute young woman, the other is a young man who is his former handy-man. The 3 of them are locked in a bomb shelter in rural Louisiana.

Goodman tells the girl that there has been an alien invasion. She believes that Goodman kidnapped her. The young man says he saw the invasion and fought to get into the shelter.

But there are clues that Goodman may have indeed kidnapped the girl . . .

Interesting twists in the flick. Honestly I'd wait for the RedBox rental, but it was entertaining and I didn't fall asleep. Need to kill a couple hours? Not a bad choice to go see.

It's been called a sort of sequel to the original Cloverfield. The original was a good movie but was filmed entirely with hand held cameras and all the jittering gave me a headache. Hopefully they filmed this last one better.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Recently watched it on one of the movie channels. OK movie, interesting premise. John Goodman is a good actor.