• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Impact of firearms in the movies

Gunsrus

From the age of eleven, I've seen hundreds of movies. I don't think many of the classics haven't found their way into my life. From VHS to DVD and soon, Blu-Ray, I've covered nearly the whole spectrum of cinema. I've seen a fair number of modern pics, modern being the 21st century ones, too, and I'd like to ask you all something.

In Terminator, the T-800 is floored twice by five consecutive shots at medium range each time. The first time, it takes the shots and falls, the second, it's thrown backward with every shot and is then sent through a glass pane window.

Now, in Terminator Sarah Connor Chronicles there's one scene where Sarah shoots Cromartie three times with the shotgun and then stops. He's not thrown back nearly as much as Arnold's terminator.

What I'd like to know is the differences between these two examples and whether or not the impact of the shots would push back or floor the recipients.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Hollywood!
Physics, think Physics. Every action results in an equal reaction. The person holding the gun would have to exert at least as much force on the gun as on the person flying 25 feet through a stud and drywall wall.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
No question that the guns featured in movies tend to gain sales.

But I think it might also be that movies tend to follow the military. So when the military adopted the Beretta pistol it was also featured in numerous movies like DIE HARD. As M16/M4s evolve on the battle field so do they evolve in movies with rails, optics, etc . . . and again those are all featured in movies.

Also video games feature many of the same high tech weapons.

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
I had to have the S&W Model 29 .44 Magnum after seeing the Dirty Harry movies. Hey it made my day!

Av8r3400

Gone Flyin'
I had to have the S&W Model 29 .44 Magnum after seeing the Dirty Harry movies. Hey it made my day!

Made mine a 629 day, too.

629.JPG

(Then it was lost in the boating accident. So sad.)