• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What's for Dinner Tonight?

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
A wrap made with Mission tomato-basil tortilla/wraps.. left over rotisserie chicken breast chopped, romaine lettuce and Newman's Own creamy caesar dressing, and onion rings, made following the recipe of a friend on NCT.

2011-07-25 20-25-07.407.jpg

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks Cat.
I don't cook as often as I'd like to, but when I do.. the pics are usually posted on here.
I'll have another wrap tomorrow for lunch.. it was good.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Had some of the home made chicken vegetable soup we canned last fall. Forgot how good it is!:biggrin: Need to use up some of our canned goods to have jars for this year.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I prepared a big assed hamburger that had nutmeg and summer savoury added to the meat.
It's a recipe based on the original Fannie Farmer cook book.
After you pan fry the burger, you drain it of the fat then add some butter to the patty.
I put it on a toasted/buttered onion bun as is. No other condiments.
It was the best burger I have ever tasted.
I didn't take a pic because it wasn't the prettiest burger in the world, but by golly it was delicious.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Fell asleep in the "evil chair" before I could post this last night. Breaded pork chop with sweet corn and pan fried redskins tossed in Italian herbs and bread crumbs.

Dinner072611.jpg

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Fried chicken using flour and crushed cornflakes/Spike seasoning and s&p, whole grain rice blend and a sliced mater.
Hit the spot!

2011-08-01 18-56-34.737.jpg

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Lunch was an exceptionally tasty BLT made on one of my rye sandwich thins with a garden fresh tomato. Deeeeeeeeelish!

P1030839.jpg

P1030840.jpg

Here was our daughter's birthday dinner tonight. Panko breaded Lake Erie perch, pan fried redskins in buttered bread crumbs & Italian seasoning, and sweet coleslaw. Me and Linda made a chocolate cake with vanilla pudding & strawberry filling, and Linda's mock whipped cream frosting. More strawberries to finish.

P1030845.jpg

P1030846.jpg

P1030851.jpg

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
After midnight snack! No wonder my weight goes up and down a lot. Even has chopped almonds in the maple sugar topping.:clap:

Attachments

• cobbler 004.jpg
    cobbler 004.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 81

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Show off..
I had Taco Hell, not that I wanted it.. but it was close.. so that's where I went.
Nachos Bell Grande should always be eaten hot, or at least with the lid loosened to allow the steam to escape.
I had floppy nachos, with a plastic spork for God's sakes.

AAUTOFAB1

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Show off..
I had Taco Hell, not that I wanted it.. but it was close.. so that's where I went.
Nachos Bell Grande should always be eaten hot, or at least with the lid loosened to allow the steam to escape.
I had floppy nachos, with a plastic spork for God's sakes.

The gastric intestinal gut bomb,i go there once a year to remember why i should not go back:yum::yum:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Been a good while since I have ate there. Whenever I get the urge I remember the Mexican lettuce fiasco and the urge goes away. I am developing the same mental image for a lot of fast food and it helps kill the urges. They use so much sodium it makes my fluid jump quickly.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
The gastric intestinal gut bomb,i go there once a year to remember why i should not go back:yum::yum:
Tomorrow morning will remind me why I shouldn't have gone there in the first place.:doh:
Arby's is just as close..
The other option was a hunk of ham with wax beans and some other crap they were serving at work.
I keep forgetting that I could just run downstairs and eat something from the vending machine.. like chips and candy bars.. :puke2:

AAUTOFAB1

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Tomorrow morning will remind me why I shouldn't have gone there in the first place.:doh:
Arby's is just as close..
The other option was a hunk of ham with wax beans and some other crap they were serving at work.
I keep forgetting that I could just run downstairs and eat something from the vending machine.. like chips and candy bars.. :puke2:

when i was still in school Arby's five for five was a great deal if you are a starving student but you wouln't want to go on a date for 24 hours after:fart:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
when i was still in school Arby's five for five was a great deal if you are a starving student but you wouln't want to go on a date for 24 hours after:fart:
Then there is always the option of making my own healthy lunch and packing something from home.. if I weren't so lazy, I'd do that more often.:biggrin:

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Found some thin sliced steak in the freezer, so I put it in some marinade and made stir fry beef with carrots, celery, onions and broccoli, and a side of vegetable fried rice. We also found some OUTSTANDING local sweet corn yesterday. I'll be going back there this week to get some for the freezer.

Dinner081411-1.jpg

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Never participated in this thread before but since it was bumped and I had a kick-ass meal, I thought I would chime in.

Our tomatoes are kicking butt and we're canning 3 times each week so we tries something new today. Pizza sauce. Made a dozen quarts of spaghetti sauce but for a change, made 4 quarts of pizza sauce. Had 3/4 of a quart to spare so we tried it. OMG was that good. I'm a "toppings" kind of guy and rarely notice the sauce (and never eat the crust), but this sauce was just incredible. We normally don't keep recipies but will be asking Mrs. Zoom to note what she did to make this stuff.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
It was a very comfortable day, temperature wise, so I took advantage of the cool temps and made a new soup recipe I found on another site. Bacon Cheeseburger Soup

Dinner082211.jpg

I also had a big bread baking morning. A good friend's daughter is getting married this coming weekend, and I volunteered to make breads for their family members that they are housing/entertaining all week...NINE PEOPLE! I made two loaves, each, of honey whole wheat, Olive Oil Italian and Italian herb no-knead. I also made four dozen multi-grain whole wheat sandwich thins.

Brysbreadbaking.jpg

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
That soup is killer Joe.. and so is your bread. :)

I had to run out of town and stopped at CaptainD's on the way home.

2011-08-22 17-11-33.322.jpg

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Chicken and either sweet potato fries or a baked sweet potato-- also a cold cucumber salad.
I need to get my butt to the store and look for some chipotle sour cream soon lol

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Well it's girls night out so I'm at home with an Olive Garden salad and Ultra .............. :biggrin:

Attachments

• P1040080.JPG
    P1040080.JPG
    179 KB · Views: 84

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Looks good Lith. I had butterfly deer tenderloins and steamed squash with cheddar cheese along with corn on the cob. No pics cause I was too busy eating.