• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What's for Dinner Tonight?

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Good luck with the carnival food, luvs. I stay away from that stuff that sits out all day, because it usually keeps me up all night...if you know what I mean.:whistling:

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
Good luck with the carnival food, luvs. I stay away from that stuff that sits out all day, because it usually keeps me up all night...if you know what I mean.:whistling:

i hear 'ya, joe! nothing except for drinks were on ice. most kept the food stored in water baths & 'at. i only got 2 in before i got full, thank goodness.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I had chicken tenders and yellow rice for dinner. Steamed shrimp for lunch. I did not want them to go bad.:yum:

lilbopeep

Oh Aubrey.
Sorry to hear you're not feeling well.
My dinner at worked sucked, it was a chicken casserole.
Yup. Chicken, noodles and peas with a poor excuse for a salad.
Lettuce and french dressing??
Hmmm.. that's a salad?

I should have gone out for something.
Like across the road to Taco Hell..
Thats not a salad! LOL I needa make you a salad!!

We took drive into PA. Stopped at a Long John Silver in Scranton for lunch - I just got chicken planks (sans the pups and fries) and pink lemonade LOL - go to a fish joint and get chicken. I love the chicken!! We were treated to an AMAZING show by Mother Nature in 2 states including wonderful lightning streaks of white and pink, huge hail and lots of rain! No rainbow but BEAUTIFUL sun shafts streaming through puffy clouds between deluges of rain and hail. We took refuge at a Cracker Barrel in NJ when the rain and hail got heavy. I had tomato juice w/ lemon, ice water, coffee and a small side of grits w / butter to settle my tummy. Got a chef salad to go for dinner.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
I pulled out a small rolled pork roast that I tied up from pork shoulder, but decided against roasting it. Instead, I trimmed and cubed the meat, tossed it in seasoned flour, then fried it in cast iron in chicken schmaltz until the meat was cooked through and slightly caramelized. Removed the meat then added a little more schmaltz to the pan and caramelized the mire poix and diced potatoes. Tossed the meat back in and added 2 cups of chicken stock with a couple tablespoons of flour to thicken the broth. A little sea salt & fresh ground pepper to adjust the flavor, and allowed it to simmer for about 20 minutes. Cooked up some egg noodles and fresh sweet corn for a veggie, and called it dinner! It was delicious, especially the cubed pork shoulder. There, doesn't that sound better than pork stew over noodles?
yum.gif

Dinner070212.jpg

lilbopeep

I pulled out a small rolled pork roast that I tied up from pork shoulder, but decided against roasting it. Instead, I trimmed and cubed the meat, tossed it in seasoned flour, then fried it in cast iron in chicken schmaltz until the meat was cooked through and slightly caramelized. Removed the meat then added a little more schmaltz to the pan and caramelized the mire poix and diced potatoes. Tossed the meat back in and added 2 cups of chicken stock with a couple tablespoons of flour to thicken the broth. A little sea salt & fresh ground pepper to adjust the flavor, and allowed it to simmer for about 20 minutes. Cooked up some egg noodles and fresh sweet corn for a veggie, and called it dinner! It was delicious, especially the cubed pork shoulder. There, doesn't that sound better than pork stew over noodles?
yum.gif

Dinner070212.jpg
yum.gif
Sounds wonderful Joe

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
Thats not a salad! LOL I needa make you a salad!!

We took drive into PA. Stopped at a Long John Silver in Scranton for lunch - I just got chicken planks (sans the pups and fries) and pink lemonade LOL - go to a fish joint and get chicken. I love the chicken!! We were treated to an AMAZING show by Mother Nature in 2 states including wonderful lightning streaks of white and pink, huge hail and lots of rain! No rainbow but BEAUTIFUL sun shafts streaming through puffy clouds between deluges of rain and hail. We took refuge at a Cracker Barrel in NJ when the rain and hail got heavy. I had tomato juice w/ lemon, ice water, coffee and a small side of grits w / butter to settle my tummy. Got a chef salad to go for dinner.

sure is pretty in PA sometimes. shoulda travelled to western PA! not for any particular reason, of course~ :wink::flowers: dinner tonite- junk food. it's too warm for real food. if i took scissors to the humidity, think it would visably split in half.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Made my own sandwich-- swiss cheese, sliced tomato, and romaine on an onion bun, with ranch dressing instead of mayo.
Had some Pringles too.
I've consumed at least a gallon of iced tea today, slightly sweetened.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
While I made Cheeseburger Soup for our dinner, my wife made a colorful pasta salad to take to our daughter's home for a family picnic tomorrow. She has center stage with that great looking, and tasting, salad.

CheeseburgerSoup.jpg

PastaSalad.jpg

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
The lovely Mrs Bob is down in St Louis, on her way to Memphis so I'm home with the dogs. That said my diet will consist of foods that she finds objectionable. Tonight I cooked up some Kiska (blood sausage with barley).

fdf53dd0-790c-41e9-bc9e-81348fc4fd6e_1566_productZoomImage.jpg

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
they make the best meats, melensdad. is it good, thier k'bossy~ my Grandma used to speak of blood sausage so often.
now i hafta see where i shoved that dietz/watson deli london broil. that & thier wasabi mustard.

dinner!

joe, that pasta salad is so bright & colorful. looks great.

Last edited:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I cooked while she snoozed so we had maple sugar sausage with mashed taters and corn. Was mighty good and quick to make. That pasta salad does look pretty but I bet the soup tasted great also.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
muley, i was trying to ignore that soup, not to mention the salad or this thread :whistling:- gotta be awake b-4 dawn & haven't got time to make my own. now im'ma just hafta see if joe/DW shall gimme the recipes.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
5 21" pizzas from Jack's.
One for A B C and D wings and rehab.
Thanks Cindy, you're a good administrator!

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
SIL made chicken breasts on the grill with salad and fruit salad for desert. Was real nice to not have to cook tonight. I just fixed her computer and set up some software so it was a fair swap.:clap:

lilbopeep

Longhorn Steakhouse - strip steak, baked w/sour cream and butter, asparagus w/ butter and parm shavings, salad w/blue cheese dressing (took 1/2 of everything but the salad home), shared molten lava cake w/vanilla ice cream w/ the girls and hub. Had ice water and unsweet tea w/pomegranate syrup to drink.

Timed it just right to watch the NYC fireworks over the hudson from a high road.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Had a hot dog, made Joe's potato salad (WOW!!) it was a hit!! :D
My BIL and nephew grilled burgers and dogs, had baked beans, chips, cake and vanilla wafer banana pudding.
Watched a little of the fireworks as they started from where we were, but then came home when it started to rain and heard there were storms in the area.
It was really too hot to enjoy staying very long, but the time spent was good, with good food.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
ur in rehab!:wink::whistling:
Sometimes, but not always.
I do prefer caring for those who are recovering from joint replacement, brain injuries, back surgery and dealing with Parkinson's, etc..
BTW, we have one of the best Parkinson's rehab programs in NW Ohio.
:biggrin:

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
'scuse the major clutter~ i'm sorting many things to either file 'er pitch.
dinner was grilled veggies/chix by blake & co.
scotch bonnet in there. i need to swoosh my mouth w/ milk.

Attachments

• IMG_0705389.jpg
    IMG_0705389.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 99

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
After all the party food yesterday, we opted for BLT's and kettle chips for dinner. It hit the spot!

Dinner070512.jpg

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I did pretty much the same Joe. Grilled ham and cheese with a slice of lebanon bologna in mine as well. Had left over fruit cup for a veggie.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Made tacos (3)
Used the standing taco shells- added: seasoned black beans, shoe peg corn, Rotel tomatoes with lime and cilantro, and cheese sauce.

Then had some Blue Bunny rainbow sherbet after.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
I made a pilot run of Buttery Garlic Knots that I saw on TV the other day. (http://www.cookingchanneltv.com/recipes/kelsey-nixon/buttery-garlic-herb-knots-recipe/index.html) I'll be taking these to a party tomorrow evening, with a "to be determined" side dish.
icon_lol.gif
Here are the knots fresh from the oven, and then plated with some homemade Sopresotta dried sausage the I made in the Winter. This turned out to be a great snack combination. Gonna have to remember to do this again.

Knots-3.jpg

Knots-n-SuperSot-2.jpg