• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

"Salvage Squad" TV show of Bob's Snow Trac on Ebay

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
There is a DVD copy of the British TV show, the Salvage Squad, featuring the restoration of my Snow Trac. The DVD is for sale on Ebay. As Villi sent me a copy on DVD from Iceland, I will not be bidding on this one.

But if anyone is interested in some Snow Trac history, and a very misleading restoration that is far from accurate, but certainly entertaining, you may want to bid on the auction. In the words of "Mith" (one of our Forum members from England) who saw the show when it originally aired "they really mucked it up"

Ebay Salvage Squad Video of Bob's Snow Trac

Mith

The Eccentric Englishman
SUPER Site Supporter
I believe that DVD is a copy, so bear that in mind if you bid.

Bob, now youve seen the programme what do you think about the way they worked on the show?

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Mith said:
Bob, now youve seen the programme what do you think about the way they worked on the show?

There is a lot of stuff they did 'for TV' that ended up differently on the actual Snow Trac. They showed the frame being rebuilt by scabbing in parts, in fact they ended up making a completely new frame. They did not wire most of the wires in at all. The interior was left undone. Most of the lights did not come with the unit, I can't remember if they were on for the show? There are dozens of inconsistancies. But I'm not unhappy with what I got. In fact it came in better shape than I figured.

Knoydartstag

Does anyone know where i can buy a copy of this disc? i know that this is an old thread but i'd love to see it, maybe someone can remember the Ebayers trade name & i can contact him through ebay community? I have tried the link that Bob added some time ago (citysales?) but the mail is undeliverable to this address, cheers

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I have not seen this listing for a very long time, nor have I seen another copy of this posted. I think I have a copy of this video (buried somewhere in a box from when I moved my office).

Ice Queen

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
I think I may well have a copy if Bob can't find his, just let me know and I'll bring it over to America when I come at the end of the month.

Knoydartstag

Ice Queen, If you can get a copy that would be fantastic, i'm sure you won't need to take it to the states. earlier i was reading a thread & i thought you were from Wales in UK?? maybe i read something else. Much appreciated & ill send a private email to you & ill arrange payment to you some way maybe Paypal?? Cheers