• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Mary Ann a real piece of Antarctic history

3512b

GOLD Site Supporter
here are a few reply to my email about Marry Ann from some of my ice friends who work her

Oct 3 at 3:51 AM
Yep, I spent a lot of hours working on that old iron. I remember putting in clutches that had a date of manufacture of 3/25/1957, the day before I was born!

Cheers
Dave

Oct 3 at 7:16 AM

Great to see the old gal found a good home. I put quite a lot of hours in Mary Ann but nothing compared to the amount of time I spent operating Colleen in the early 80's. She was the first to carry the huge u-blade and Keith Kurtii strengthened her frame there at Willy in the old Silver barn. She was my first so always my favorite, ha-ha.

I added Bob Larson's address to the send list as he was the guy that single handed put Mary Ann back together again after being flown back from the S. Pole in many small pieces. Somewhere I have a picture of him driving it around Willy without the cab on as he just couldn't wait to see how she ran.

The first year or so we had a hard time traversing with Mary Ann as she would mysteriously over heat on long trips pulling sleds to the ice runway, but she would do just fine pushing snow. Finally Russ figured it out. The water pump impeller was loose on the shaft. Apparently every time we would hit reverse on at the end of a push the change in motion was enough to give the impeller a good spin for a while and it wouldn't over heat.

Gerald

Show original message

mog5858

Mary ann is going to work next week she going to go pull out a old wooden tug boat of the water. she get's tock about some on the ACMOC bb

3512b

GOLD Site Supporter
Was Checking the AMOC BB and sat Mary Ann got the tug on shore!
It's got a u tube of it pulling with sound!
Made me Remember what it's was to Be a old time Cat hand! Instead of the parts swapping computer program side ways loading. TECS we are now!

I should retire but too stupid to not work! :hammer:

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Was Checking the AMOC BB and sat Mary Ann got the tug on shore!
It's got a u tube of it pulling with sound!
Made me Remember what it's was to Be a old time Cat hand! Instead of the parts swapping computer program side ways loading. TECS we are now!

I should retire but too stupid to not work! :hammer:

I watched the video that QuAD put on the site. Your basic No Problem that can't be solved with brute force. I have not been on that site for a while, it has changed some. Thanks for the post Mr. 3512b.