• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Anyone used Envi heaters?

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Not many moving parts to one of those so I'd think it would last.

Before diving in, what's your current heat source?

Something else to consider. If you have a winter power outage, what's your source of heat? If you have electric heat, you're pretty screwed unless you have a very large generator. If you have NG or propane, you don't have heat unless you have a genset to run the furnace fan.

Because of a no-electricity situation, you may need to consider a propane wall heater that doesn't require any electricity. For day-to-day use, they may be more expensive then other heating options, but if you need to keep warm when there is no electricity, they're a nice option.

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
Well there will always be portable propane heaters available for emergencies, but I am planning for this when we get to building our house. Right now we have gas baseboard heat in the apartment, but when we get the house I plan to have a generator to fit my needs, as well as a propane source, ya know? I just really like the benefits this wall unit appears to have for everyday use. I agree, there really doesn't seem to be much of anything to break or fail on these units, but longevity is another query of mine. An appliance can work wonderfully for the first year, but if they have to be replaced every few years, what's the point? Of course, less than $150 per unit, really isn't that much...
Maybe I'll order a plug-in unit for the apartment and see how we like it. I love the cool-touch deal a lot.