• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Im Asking for Favor

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
I dont think Ive ever requested this, but a woman in Net Cooking Talk lost her baby. I just found out now. She posted the news yesterday.
What Im asking is that, if youre not signed up.... please sign up and give her your condolances.
This Forum has more compassion and heart than I have ever encountered and I know you folks care. She needs some love and kindness.
So PLEASE... surprise her with your messages. :in_love:

Here is the link: http://www.netcookingtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=370

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
no. Geeeezzzzz.... its a very very small thing to do. Just for HER man. You dont have to post anything more than giving your condolances. Im just asking for 5-10 minutes of your time to comfort a women whos unborn kid died. You dont have to bring a big speech. I just want her to feel a warm wave of kindness.

please?:ermm:

rback33

Hangin in Tornado Alley
SUPER Site Supporter
How about I post it here and you paste it there? Seems awkward to join to make one post....

I heard about your recent loss and as a father, uncle and brother I send my deepest condolences and prayers. May the Lord look over and support you through these tough times.

:thumb:

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
:pat: Are you THAT lazy?!?!?!?!?!? Look man if you dont care enough to send it in person than Im really confused. Do you think this is some kind of rqating 'boost'??? The site belongs to Doc so youre not going to get spammed. Anyhow I'll send your request.

rback33

Hangin in Tornado Alley
SUPER Site Supporter
:pat: Are you THAT lazy?!?!?!?!?!? Look man if you dont care enough to send it in person than Im really confused. Do you think this is some kind of rqating 'boost'??? The site belongs to Doc so youre not going to get spammed. Anyhow I'll send your request.

It's not a laziness thing, but it seems in poor etiquette to join the forum to make one post even if it does belong to Doc. I also agree with Gator that it is a lil strange, but I totally get where you are coming from understand what you are trying to do. I already rep pointed you for what you are trying to do here and regardless of the lil joke I made I meant the first half sincerely.

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
I thought that we would huddle around her and show respect. What the HELL man?!?!? Is that weird????:ermm:

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I thought that we would huddle around her and show respect. What the HELL man?!?!? Is that weird????:ermm:

Nope. When my mom & dad were both simultaneously terminally ill I got cards and letters from people I'd never met, people my parents never met, often from people several states away, all were offering prayer and support and only knew about my parents via a friend of a friend of a relative or some other very very distant connection. What you are doing is comforting and thoughtful, not weird.

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
For the ONE person that responded (B_Skurka) I gave you rep points. For the folks who didnt... Im very dissapointed. :angry3:
To give a woman in pain comfort... it should be a natural thing.

rback33

Hangin in Tornado Alley
SUPER Site Supporter
For the ONE person that responded (B_Skurka) I gave you rep points. For the folks who didnt... Im very dissapointed. :angry3:

Sushi... did you decide to iggy me them... I did reply and you DID post it over. Curiosity got the better of me and I trolled over. That's the one and only time I have been there. Bob is a member of that site... :pat:

Gatorboy

There are thousands of people everyday that need compassion -- why should YOU choose who we should send sympathies too, and then look unkindly on those that didn't?

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Sushi is just trying to do what he can to help a woman who would surely appreciate it. Because others need compassion is no reason to turn your back on those close by that you know of. So sushi is trying to help her out. No problem for those who don't want to sign up and reply, but Sushi knows her from NCT and another forum and is trying to help her.

Like Bob said you opened your heart for her sushi. Bob was not a member at Net Cooking Talk until sushi posted this request.
Rep points for you sush for trying.
Thanks to Bob, Murph and American Woman for signing up for the cause.

Completely off the topic of this thread but those that joined NCT might have noticed a few differences over there. I upgraded Net Cooking Talk to VB 3.7 yesterday. All went well. I'm starting with the smallest forums and working my way up to upgrading FF. I have more hacks on here so I'm just a little nervous about doing this one. Within the next week to 10 days the forum will be down for an hour or three while I do the upgrade.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Sushi is just trying to do what he can to help a woman who would surely appreciate it. Because others need compassion is no reason to turn your back on those close by that you know of. So sushi is trying to help her out. No problem for those who don't want to sign up and reply, but Sushi knows her from NCT and another forum and is trying to help her.

Like Bob said you opened your heart for her sushi. Bob was not a member at Nec Cooking Talk until sushi posted this request.
Rep points for you sush for trying.
Thanks to Bob, Murph and American Woman for signing up for the cause.

Completely off the topic of this thread but you might have noticed a few differences over there. I upgraded Net Cooking Talk to VB 3.7 yesterday. All went well. I'm starting with the smallest forums and working my way up to upgrading FF. I have more hacks on here so I'm just a little nervous about doing this one. Within the next week to 10 days the forum will be down for an hour or three while I do the upgrade.

Sushi, forget about what others said, your doing the right thing.

Doc, I didn't have to register, I was already a member, just forgot that I did.