• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Imp shifter problem

Tahoeskier

I have a 1969 1404 Imp. the front 3 speed transmission quit shifting because the shift lever has slid up and is not contacting the shifting fork sliding shaft indents. Has anyone had this happen and know how to fix the problem? Does anyone now what brand and type of transmission this is? Here is a picture of the shifter. The part of the lever just above the top of the ball joint that is silver (not painted) is how far the lever has come up out of the transmission.

Attachments

• 2017-03-30 15.45.11.jpg
    2017-03-30 15.45.11.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 327

Tahoeskier

I have now discovered the problem. After disassembling the upper housing I found that a small pin had sheared off allowing the lever to be pushed up and away from the trany by a large spring just below the ball joint. I now must drill out the remnants of the old pin and install a new pin. not a big problem but a lot of work just to get to it. I hope no one else has this happen but if you do I can guide you through the fix.