• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Green house....

Garmins_Dad

If this is the wrong section for this please move it.. I looked and could not find a section that it really fit perfectly.

So.. with summers being short up here in Alberta i am building a greenhouse. I pick the windows up on sunday. :w00t2: What i am wondering is if a wood stove would be a bad heat source for a green house? I am not expecting to get a all year use out of the green house. Just extend the season into nov possibly and start it in early march.. Are there any problems with heating such a unit with wood? If will be insulated where their are no windows. I'm thinking of this as a three season green house. I'm thinking 8 wide and 12 feet long. If any of you fine folks have any ideas, concerns, links... anything at all really.. post em up please.. A green house is new to me..

Thanks in Advance. GD...

REDDOGTWO

Unemployed Veg. Peddler
SUPER Site Supporter
A wood stove would be a ok source of heat providing you can get enough clearance. My experience with a wood burning stove is that they can really get hot. The small size of the house would not leave a lot of room for the plants and allowing for the proper clearances.

Garmins_Dad

I should add i am used to wood stoves.. I heat my house up here for 5 months with my wood stove pretty much on its own.. Lots of wood.. The space for the stove would be added to the green house.. to make it work..

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Make it bigger! My first one is 10X16 and was too small. Second one is 12X20.