• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

POLL: What brand snowcat do you own?

What brand snowcat do you own/operate?

• AKTIV Snow Trac, Trac Master, or Snow Master

Votes: 103 14.2%
  • KRISTI KT2, KT3, KT4 or KT7

Votes: 10 1.4%
  • THIOKOL/DMC/LMC (any of the numerous models)

Votes: 187 25.8%
  • BOMBARDIER (J5, Bombi, B12, C18, etc)

Votes: 152 21.0%
  • TUCKER (classic steel track)

Votes: 72 9.9%
  • TUCKER (rubber track or terra track)

Votes: 61 8.4%
  • VMC

Votes: 5 0.7%
  • Other (please list the brand/model in the thread below)

Votes: 62 8.6%
  • NONE, but I enjoy the Snowcat forums anyway

Votes: 40 5.5%
  • NONE, I visit the ForumsForums but don't frequent the snowcat area.

Votes: 42 5.8%
  • NONE YET, but I am looking for a snowcat.

Votes: 76 10.5%

• Total voters

mlang2005

It will take bigal a few months to go to all of his different houses and see if the snow cats are still where he parked them when he brought them home.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
mlang2005 said:
It will take bigal a few months to go to all of his different houses and see if the snow cats are still where he parked them when he brought them home.

I am pretty sure I don't have any snowcats in Bocas Del Toro, Rep of Panama . There are no motorized vehicles on the island .

Here is a funny story though : New Years Eve of 1997 there were 2 vehicles total on the whole main island of Bocas . The two drivers got druck and ran enough each other !:yum: :yum: :yum:

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
I have a Thiokol "Imp". I use it for hauling building materials to my cabin which is located about eight miles North of Mount McKinley Park on a lake. The run one way, is about 40 miles from town to the cabin. Really like the unit, used it to haul two moose this fall, beats carrying the meat on your back. Need to bring it back to town and do a paint job on it this winter, stripped the paint off and never got around to repainting it...yet, but runs very well.

Attachments

• Cabin just about framed in.jpg
    Cabin just about framed in.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 1,012
  • Breaking new trails at the airport.JPG
    Breaking new trails at the airport.JPG
    36.2 KB · Views: 1,014

ALLEN PARSONS

GYPSY, This Tucker has three doors two tracks and is of the three hunderd series line of cats,
6 cylinder
3 speed
lenght 13 feet six
width 6 feet 6"
It is one of the largest two track units they made, and Jim Tucker nick named it muley Why I do not know. How many of these cats they made ??????? If anyone has any info on it I would love to know.
Photos are in photo gallery

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
BigAl said:
Hey!!!:mad: I should be allowed to vote three times . I have three Kristi's so let's change that Kristi number to 5 !!:a1:
Al, where are the other Kristi votes?

And I know we are missing a bunch of Snow Trac owners too?

Seem to me that we have a lot of members who have not voted yet. :confused2:

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
Adding pictures.

Attachments

• pixmyimpW.jpg
    pixmyimpW.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 976
  • jmJ5movingOP.jpg
    jmJ5movingOP.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 983

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
B_Skurka said:
Al, where are the other Kristi votes?

And I know we are missing a bunch of Snow Trac owners too?

Seem to me that we have a lot of members who have not voted yet. :confused2:

Bob ,
I Believe the Kristi Owners went to tow out all the stuck Snow Trac owners home and should be back shortly .:yum:

But seriously it would be nice for everyone who has a snow cat to get listed . If we intend to build a reliable source for helping other vintage snowcats members needing parts,repairs or advice ,I do believe this is the first step we must take . WE , without a doubt ,have the most knowledge mixed group of snowcatters on the internet as we now stand ,but I do believe we can improve on that by extending are wisdom and knowledge of snowcats to other new members .
I seem to be one of the few Kristi owners who gets involved on any regular basis ."Wilkinsn1 has posted some great arcticles and Track information . I have learned a lot about My little Kristi as I repaired and restored her and enjoying passing along any help I can when it is needed or asked for . There is very little information on Kristi's and I am attempting to build new Kristi service and parts manuals as I go because the originals are very incomplete and lacking in help .
Our Tucker group has really taken off and I know we have a huge group of Snow Trac / Snow Master owners too .
Bob S. has been instrumental in getting all information into CD form so it will not be lost .

So lets hear from you guy's ???????? You wanted and found a web site to come and talk snowcats, repairs,restorations and general maintance advice .
You Got it !!!

Now jump in and tell us what you kind of snowcat you have and how you want to see us grow in this area :tiphat: !!!

aksnocat

I've got:
- a '77 Tucker Model 1742 (the runner)
- a 49 Tucker Model 423 (the restoration project)
- a '78 Tucker Model 1744 (the rusty parts machine)

Eric L

Site Supporter
At this point the Tucker crowd has taken the lead, though I think my wife voted, and some members have sold units to other members so that could skew the #'s too.

Will we need to change this forum name from "AKTIV SNOW TRAC ST4 and Kristi Snow Cats" to "Tucker, Thiokol and Aktiv Snow Cats"? :yum: :hide:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Eric L said:
Will we need to change this forum name from "AKTIV SNOW TRAC ST4 and Kristi Snow Cats" to "Tucker, Thiokol and Aktiv Snow Cats"? :yum: :hide:

:yum: :yum: :yum: :yum: Yea right!!!! Keep dreamin!!! I did some checking and the 275 Kristi Owners who are FF membrs are out towing out lessor brand stuck snowcats.They said I could vote for them.So lets see....that's 277 Kristi owners by my count.

Everyone knows a Tucker is a "throw away snowcat after one use". Why do you think Mr. Tucker built so many???:confused2: A source for parts as they break down alot .:yum:

Mr Tucker changed his name when he started the
"Tucker company". His real last name was Pucker , but he figured no one would want to ride around all Puckered up. Smart move......

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
VMC
bar2-l.gif
bar2.gif
bar2-r.gif
32.88%
Ok, I have one VMC and only voted once. Who has voted the other two? Someone needs to fess up to voter fraud or prove ownership. I think the dead probably in or near the Chicago area are coming back to life and voting again. I want a re-count and a national voter fraud investigation.... sounds just like the democratic thing to do. :(

couchsachraga

I can't believe you didn't list Pisten Bully!!! I run a PB 070 for a ski center in the winter time, as well as a Bombardier 180 MP plus on occasion. I prefer the PB, even though it's older and underpowered (miss the turbo...).

I'm looking for one of my own for some of my personal trails, but right now get by with a '79 Ski Doo alpine.

Couchsachraga

tortoise7

Hi Folks,
add 2 military aktivs to the list (tho hopefully
one of these will find a new home) and one
volvo bv 202 machine.

anyone else here have any experience with
the bv 202?

tortoise7

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Welcome aboard tortoise7 and couchsachraga BUT WE WANT PICTURES!!!!

PS. couch, you got a nickname? :confused2: That's hard to remember/spell. :hide:

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
bczoom said:
PS. couch, you got a nickname? :confused2: That's hard to remember/spell. :hide:
OK, I'll admit... I should go off-line as I've had a couple :burp:

But... I thought I just figured it out. Does "couchsachraga" = "Cat Scratch Fever" after a couple dozen Canadian beers?

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
bczoom said:
Welcome aboard tortoise7 and couchsachraga BUT WE WANT PICTURES!!!!

AND THEN A BIT LATER . . .

OK, I'll admit... I should go off-line as I've had a couple :burp:

But... I thought I just figured it out. Does "couchsachraga" = "Cat Scratch Fever" after a couple dozen Canadian beers?

Brian, "couchsachraga" has been a member for nearly a year, he just doesn't post very often. The snowcat area has quite a few members who are "seasonal" members. As for the humor, I'd stick with your day job :rolleyes:

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Damn... Y'all got some sweet machines.

When I joined this forum, I wasn't expecting to be seeing/learning so much about these snowcats. Well, I obviously want (need :whistle: ) one now...

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
bczoom said:
Damn... Y'all got some sweet machines.

When I joined this forum, I wasn't expecting to be seeing/learning so much about these snowcats. Well, I obviously want (need :whistle: ) one now...

Hey Boomer !
I have recently acquired a small interest in Mtntoppers Snow Master .I just own a couple of lug nuts but , I would be willing to give you my nuts that I own on Bill's rig . Let me know and i'll start the paperwork .:yum:

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
BigAl said:
Hey Boomer !
I have recently acquired a small interest in Mtntoppers Snow Master .I just own a couple of lug nuts but , I would be willing to give you my nuts that I own on Bill's rig . Let me know and i'll start the paperwork .:yum:
Not sure if buying your nuts would look good on a receipt when Mrs. Zoom goes through the paperwork.
If you make the bill-of-sale out for the shift pattern decal, you got a deal!

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Where are all the Kristi Owners ????:confused2: :confused2: :confused2: :confused2:
Come on you guys !!! Lend a little help here ..........