• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

time piece info needed

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
she sits about 8 inches tall and encased in perspex ....is this a paper weight or clock themed piece??

i know nothing about it apart from it was possibly made in the 1930 1940 time scale....i think it is a de-constructed carriage clock but may be a pocket watch...there is marks on some of the parts but my eyes are old and will post more on that once i find my reading goggles.

The only story i have is it was to represent times square new york from the added newspaper article but i dont know if it is true.:unsure:

Rusty get your thinking hat on.

Attachments

• SDC10355.jpg
    SDC10355.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 188
  • SDC10356.jpg
    SDC10356.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 187
  • SDC10357.jpg
    SDC10357.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 184
  • SDC10358.jpg
    SDC10358.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 181
  • SDC10360.jpg
    SDC10360.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 182
  • SDC10362.jpg
    SDC10362.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 182
  • sid.jpg
    sid.jpg
    279.9 KB · Views: 181

Galvatron

no nothing...my eyes are not as good as they used to be but parts of the clock do have markings let me look for a mag glass....

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Interesting pictures and thread.

In my younger years I used to love old watches and clocks. Seeing the pictures and reading the links still gives a tingle. :smile::smile:

Please share any info that you guys dig up. I'd be interested.

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
I'm coming up pretty empty here. Chances are it was just made as art, or a sales presentation display. No luck on a time period, though. Sorry, bud, this is a pretty obscure item!

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Wonder if it was a novelty item back when plastics were first really coming in to use. I remember back in the day all sorts of thing were encased in plastic for display purposes.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Wonder if it was a novelty item back when plastics were first really coming in to use. I remember back in the day all sorts of thing were encased in plastic for display purposes.

That would be my guess but it is just a guess.

Galvatron

I am starting to think Sid may have created this himself as he did work for British Aerospace after the war and would have had access to equipment to do so....i am thinking he come across this German time piece during the war and some where down the line he done something creative with it.

Looks like just one of a kind....makes it even more special:smile:

Thanks for the input.