• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

For Sale 1969 542 Tucker

Beartooth

Well, Its sad to say, but I must let go of a snow cat. I have owned this 542 for six years now. I've kept it on my place in Red Lodge, Mt. Previously came from Wyoming. I used it to get to my back pastures to feed when the snow drifts were to deep and nasty for my tractor. It had a camper shell on the back with two Chevy side fuel tanks. I have since taken the camper off to place a new deck and one larger fuel tank. The Chrysler 318 had been replaced at some time with a Chevy 283. It has never failed me and runs well. New exhaust, plugs, fluids, fuel pump and little clean up inside for the wife. My Hay swather needs new drive motors this year so something has to give. I'm not sure of the value but I do know that this is a great machine and would be a great project. It does have the wide pontoons and literally floats in the snow and goes where I wanted it to. Any advise would be appreciated as I will want to advertise shortly in the local ag papers, etc.. Please feel free to call me or email me. I'm a little slow with the smart phone but it does seem to work well.
Doug Oakes
406-861-9040
doug.oakes@stryker.com

photo 2.jpg

photo3.jpg

photo4.jpg

photo5.jpg

Beartooth

Thought I would bring this back to the top. The tucker is officially for sale. It is located in Red Lodge, Mt. I travel a lot so please call with question. $5800 OBO.

Doug
406-861-9040

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Are you sure that 283 did not come in it? It looks period correct just like the 283 in my 68 442 which was factory install. The stamped valve covers are 60's vintage so if it was replaced they found a period correct motor.

It seems to be a seasoned patina just like mine also same garret steering reservior.

The 283 has plenty of power I am sure.

Attachments

• IMG_1085.jpg
    IMG_1085.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 481