• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

"Trick My Truck"

caeryon

I searched old posts to see if this show had been mentioned before. If it has, I apologize, but nothing came up on the search. CMT's not a channel we normally watch, but my husband found this show on the program guide the other night and watched a couple of episodes. He loved it, so he wanted me to watch it with him last night; they apparently were doing a marathon of last season's episodes before a new one airs Friday night. It's an Overhaulin'-type show (without the secrecy) where a crew called the Chrome Shop Mafia pimps a semi for a trucker. Viewers submit names of truckers whose rigs could use some help, like on Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. On last night's shows, there were a young family who'd lost their house in order to pay for repairs to the truck and were living out of the sleeper; an older couple who ride together and wanted their young grandkids to be able to enjoy the truck, too; a trucker from the Gulf area who'd helped friends and family clean up after Katrina & Rita.... You get the idea. We liked that these guys fix up vehicles that are people's livelihoods, not just their toys or status symbols like on some (most?) of the other ride-pimping shows. Why shouldn't a trucker have some bling-bling, too? :D

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I've watched that show a few times and liked it.

I do like the fact it's short, not secretive...

In 30 minutes, I can watch a beater turn into something very nice.

I gave up on all those other shows where you need an hour or 2 of worthless fluff before you see the final before/after comparison. For those shows, I only watch the last 4 minutes.