• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

I got a call this afternoon...

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
After loosing our Husky in early March, I talked to the lady who runs the county dog shelter. I out the word in to her I would be interested in a large breed dog for here on the farm. I explained to her that I had just lost a Husky to mouth cancer, at only 5. I guess she took that as a hint.. She did say they get them in occasionally....

She called today with a 2 year old male Husky from a young family with small children. Evidently the Mother was concerned with rough play form the now large Husky and her youngest son. She says he is a great dog, except he is just a bit to much to handle around small children.. that I don't have....

Probably going to take a look at him tomorrow. See what I think. Seems a bit unlikely so soon.. Or that it was meant to be????

Regards, Kirk

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Kirk, might be the one! You'll know when you meet him.

Jim

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
Go for it. My sister basically dragged me to the animal shelter as soon as the last of my cat crew died to get another.
Of course put out some cat food here and you have a cat or half a dozen!

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
my wife has this on her car. I think it's every dogs dream to go to a farm and not be tied up.
DSC01640a.jpg

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I received a call from the shelter apologizing for telling me that they would have the husky there today...

It seems the family who has him has reconsidered, and will try obedience classes for him instead of putting him up for adoption.. They really do love him.

As for me, maybe next time. I am ok with that as well, as long as they are going to invest some time and effort into training him. That is a good thing.

Regards, Kirk

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
if you want one I can look around here we have a mutual friend coming up this summer I can find one to send home with you