• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

DMC 1200 Rebuild

catservice

We’ve been working on bringing this cat back to life. Here are s couple of the more recent pics.

New floor pans, new seat mounts, new battery box, new hitch. IMG_4493.jpgIMG_4501.jpgIMG_4510.jpgIMG_4538.jpgIMG_4541.jpgIMG_4544.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zspryte

Site Supporter
Nice job cleaning things up. Might be a good time to reinforce the skin/flooring under the drop section where your feet go. Put a thicker skin there. As the tracks stretch and you move the front axial to tension the tracks, at a certain point ice or other debris caught in the grousers will start rubbing on the angled floor section as it goes around and can even wear through the skin. There is a reason Thiokol got rid of the angled floor design. Just a thought -

hansoni

Looking good. I have a question, if the spindles are welded into the torsion arms, if you break one how do you replace?
Steve

catservice

Looking good. I have a question, if the spindles are welded into the torsion arms, if you break one how do you replace?

Steve

With some careful work you can cut the old spindles out of the torsion arms and replace the spindles. You just want to make sure the torsion springs and everything else is in good shape before you go through all the work of replacing spindles.

BearGap

GOLD Site Supporter
Great work on a huge job. It will be a very nice cat. That's a 25 mph speedo!! I'm bringing a helmet.

catservice

I wish we could peg that speedo. Someday I’d love to build a thiokol style cat to double that speedo!!!!

This machine is going for paint next week. Stay tuned.

catservice

We finished this up a few weeks ago. Finally getting around to posting the final pictures.

In the end we:

Built New Tracks
New Floor Pans
New Battery Mount
New Tow Hitch
New Front Grill
Diamond Plate Cab Corners
Epoxy Primer
Single Stage Yellow Paint
New Glass Everywhere
Flame Thrower Ignition
Basic Tune-Up
Fix Botched Wiring Issues

On to the next one......

Attachments

• IMG_4944.JPG
    IMG_4944.JPG
    127.1 KB · Views: 287
  • IMG_4945.JPG
    IMG_4945.JPG
    131.9 KB · Views: 284
  • IMG_5126.JPG
    IMG_5126.JPG
    92.6 KB · Views: 287
  • IMG_5127.JPG
    IMG_5127.JPG
    122.3 KB · Views: 297
  • IMG_5134.JPG
    IMG_5134.JPG
    114.6 KB · Views: 282
  • IMG_5131.JPG
    IMG_5131.JPG
    128.4 KB · Views: 286

nwspryte

Looks great! Where did you source the belting for the tracks? Also is there a reason you did a 2 bolt pattern for the grousers instead of 3?

catservice

Track belting is best sourced from Joe with mountain services group in Colorado. Actual track belting has a thinner top sheet of rubber, which makes the belting hold up much longer than conveyor type belting.

catservice

The two bolt set up was stock from the thiokol factory.

On the wider belts there is a three bolt pattern.