• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

WHAT'S GOING ON AT THE TUCKER FACTORY

Jeffsno27

UPDATE!
The order sheet did not reflect the 3.00 charge for all 2X and larger shirts & sweat shirts.

how to order a shirt.jpg

Jeffsno27

Here we go! It time to get started. This build wont go as fast as the 55 but here are the first pictures on the start of the 53 if somebody buys it they can decide how they want to build it either way I will periodically send pictures of its progress.

1953 start.jpg

1953 start1.jpg

1953 start2.jpg

1953 start3.jpg

Jeffsno27

I was told that you guys like all kinds of things besides snow cats on the forum so here is something happening at Tucker that is just to me personally.
A couple months back I had an opportunity come up to have one of my dreams come true! Since I was a kid I have always been fascinated with cars just like my Grandpa (Emmit JR.) As I grew up it turned into a passion by the time I had kids I was car crazy! I named my daughters Shelby (after the 67 Shelby GT500) And Nova (after the 70 SS Nova) my two favorite cars. I owned several different muscle cars but for the longest time I have wanted a 50s custom and the dream recently came true with this car! It started life as a 51 Chevy and from what I have been told it was built by two guys at a Cadillac dealership in LA. I traded my 65 Chevelle for it after some conversation with my youngest Nova, she shares my passion for vehicles. It really has been fun to drive around and go to the shows where there is a lot of interest in it and the smile on my daughters face is a lot of fun too. Now that I know that I can post this kind of stuff I will keep up pictures with this too. Here are some pictures of the car and one with my youngest Nova daddy’s little hot rod girl and my oldest Shelby she got the faster is better bug from me. On a side note we do still have my Grandpa’s 1910 Buick that I hope to get out and running.
513.jpg

5110.jpg

515.jpg

514.jpg

51.jpg

519.jpg

518.jpg

5111.jpg

Shelby on the 400.jpg

Jeffsno27

Yes it is quadzilla it is the last year they made it. Nova told me to take good care of it so when she gets older she can have it. I told her to make sure she does a lot of leg exercise. :smile:

Jeffsno27

Well I can keep the secret any longer! I would like to start a Freighter Friday theme for this project but I wont be in the office this Friday they have twisted my arm and are forcing me to go up and play with a machine tomorrow in sunshine and snow :brows: so I am posting today! She is a magnificent 1956 Freighter, from the looks of her she had a hard life for awhile but has been loved on for a few years and is now returning to her place of birth to be massaged and loved on to hopefully return her beautiful face and body back to original ish. :brows:
I would like to welcome everybody to project
ROCK & ROLL 2 :wow:
Here are some pictures of her patiently waiting for her turn on the floor she was originally built on. I wont give any specifics right now you will just have to check in once and awhile and check out the posts. Have a great Freighter Friday and a great weekend!

20160428_134413_resized.jpg

20160428_134438_resized.jpg

20160428_134526_resized.jpg

20160428_134537_resized.jpg

20160428_134701_resized.jpg

tom

GOLD Site Supporter
It is so cool to see new life being put back into these old machines

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
You've got your work cut out for you on that one. That guys hard on his equipment. :yum:

Seriously, how do your guys like working on this old tech stuff? A nice change up from the usual for them?

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Very Fitting! #3 Tucker Factory Restore unless the Air Force 443 made it to another bay prior?

Those highway signs are useful apparently. My 442 had a Route 93 sign for cab floor and I pulled a Slow Children Playing off a 85 FL350 acting as a skid plate recently.

tom

GOLD Site Supporter
I would bet money that the new owner of the 443 is in discussions for what he wants done to his new prize. Targeting a mid-June completion on mine provided I run out of money before I run out of ideas.

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I bet when you get done there will not be any "snow dragon". Will it still get "3 miles" per gallon? A lot of rust hidden on that machine, looks like the right time to restore.

tom

GOLD Site Supporter
Looks like it was extended. Was that due to damage and repaired or done for other reasons?

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
it was originally a USAF machine out of Alaska, and while up north, the air force folks took the back of the body off, it was used as a flatbed tucker ( 742 ) to transport materials and goods around the base, very lucky the rear body was put back on the tucker, even though, poorly done, now the fine folks at tucker inc, will refab the body back to original specs

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
which hemi engine did those use we have ne up here that is hemi powered I also know of a I hemi I believe it is a 330 with 2 barrel carb and a waterpump attached to it.

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
the 1956 tucker freighters, used the chrysler industrial 331 cubic inch engine with a 5 speed transmission. these engines also were used as power plants, water pumps, air sirens, generators, etc etc etc

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
The 1953 Tucker 743 that I have has the Hemi and a automatic transmission of sorts governor controlled shift shifters on the tree and yes they are thirsty :clap:

tom

GOLD Site Supporter
thanks that's quite the history..should educational watching them restore this one.

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
it was originally a USAF machine out of Alaska, and while up north, the air force folks took the back of the body off, it was used as a flatbed tucker ( 742 ) to transport materials and goods around the base, very lucky the rear body was put back on the tucker, even though, poorly done, now the fine folks at tucker inc, will refab the body back to original specs

Any thoughts (from anyone) as to why they would leave a two inch gap when reattaching the back to the front? Instead of putting them back together & sealing the frame tubes?:ermm:

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
Any thoughts (from anyone) as to why they would leave a two inch gap when reattaching the back to the front? Instead of putting them back together & sealing the frame tubes?:ermm:

it was far easier to do it that way,

lack of skills and thought?

no rewards for doing it right?

Last edited: