• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Internet fax services

jpr62902

Jeanclaude Spam Banhammer
SUPER Site Supporter
Has anyone ever used one of these services? It seems insanely practical, versus installing a new phone line, maintain a fax machine, etc. Is any service better than another? What features should you look for? Any advice would be mucho appreciated!

Kane

Seems a worthy service, but just one more link to break in the chain of personal privacy. Carefully vet any fax service providers.

jpr62902

SUPER Site Supporter
I went with ringcentral.com. eFax was too expensive for my needs ($14.99\month versus only $7.99 for ring central). I was originally going to try Nextiva for $4.99\month, but they were a PITA to sign up with, so hasta la vista, putas.:hammer:

Will post feedback as I use the service more.:biggrin:

rlk

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Maybe I've been lucky, but I scrapped my fax machine and discontinued the separate phone line I had for it. Now I just scan documents to a pdf file and email them. This has worked out well for me.

It used to be that I received so many junk faxes that I was spending a lot of money on ink/toner for the fax machine to print a bunch of useless junk.

Bob

jpr62902

SUPER Site Supporter
Maybe I've been lucky, but I scrapped my fax machine and discontinued the separate phone line I had for it. Now I just scan documents to a pdf file and email them. This has worked out well for me.

It used to be that I received so many junk faxes that I was spending a lot of money on ink/toner for the fax machine to print a bunch of useless junk.

Bob

I never even had a fax machine. Still don't. But I can send them with this service. And why would I need to fax things when I can email them? Because some state agencies think email is more of a privacy risk than faxes. :hammer:

rlk

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I never even had a fax machine. Still don't. But I can send them with this service. And why would I need to fax things when I can email them? Because some state agencies think email is more of a privacy risk than faxes. :hammer:

I understand the problem dealing with state agencies. It's interesting that in NC, some state agencies will accept email documents while others require an original copy either hand delivered or mailed through USPS.

Good luck with your problem.

Bob

jpr62902

SUPER Site Supporter
After sporadic use of RingCentral, I can say that it gets the job done, but it's definitely a budget service. The user interface is a bit cumbersome, but still functional, and faxes were reliably transmitted. For less than $100/year, that's a pretty good deal. :thumb:

Adillo303

Diesel Truck Fan
GOLD Site Supporter
So far as physical fax machines. Many phone systems will detect in incoming call from a fax machine and switch it to a fax extension. It is called CNG detect.

Av8r3400

Gone Flyin'
I also use e-fax for my business for a couple of years now. Costs me about $100 per year and I get up to 20 faxes per day.

At first I tried a Com-switch. This never worked and was money wasted.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
School me.

I haven't used a fax in years. I haven't received one either.

I scan what I want to send, or simply send the file via an email attachment.
Do they even make stand alone fax machines?

What's the point of wasting all the paper?

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
My fax machine is my B&W copier. Dropped the extra phone line (as well as the main line) and had e-fax for a few years, until the last supplier finally got email. I do everything via email, and if someone is still faxing and not using email, I tell them we can't do business. Haven't had to do that in ages.