• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Retail therapy helps all that ails this woman.
I shopped for an hour.
Paid my rent, put more data bucks on the phone, ran down to the utilities office, then watched the snow fall briefly while eating a seafood wrap and drinking a strong iced coffee.
I'll make a fresh glazed salmon filet tonight with a uber healthy spinach salad.

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
Wow Lenny!
How cool.
Next you'll be meeting the President for coffee.
Lol
Really, that's awesome.
:smile:

I'm trying to wake up after not sleeping well.
Bad day yesterday at work.
We won't go there.
Today I'm off.
Recoup and recover for the weekend!

I hope your day goes well.

I get to meet a lot of them because I'm pretty involved in politics. The other reason is that presidential campaigns start in Iowa so politicians spend a lot of time here. They figure if the majority of Iowans vote for a presidential candidate, then it's like a domino effect.....if Iowa voted for him/her, then you should too.

It's how polls go too and that's why polls are skewed.....news medias are basically saying that if 90% of the people would vote for Hillary, then you should too. And this is the way they word it: "If the Earth was going to collide with Mars and Hillary was the only one who could save us, would you vote for her?"

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
So today after we ate lunch we went for a little ride up the hill in the Suzuki. The details are in the tracked 4X4 section. Headed home tomorrow. Marty

Attachments

• IMG_0583.jpg
    IMG_0583.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 75

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
So I waited until 9am to hear if the car was available. No response so I headed to the city to go to the gym. When I got there, I was walking across the parking lot when my wife called to say she heard from our friend who was selling the car. It was still available so I turned around and drove back home to kick my teenage boy out of bed. 10 minutes later we were on the road to go see it. A 2 hour drive one way. We got there, looked at it, took it for a drive and went back to put a deposit. She's coming to the city tomorrow and will deliver it.

Drove back. Got home at 4:15 with enough time for him to get changed for work then I drove him there. He starts at 4:30 and that's when I got him there on time. Anyways, here's the car. Not bad with only 112,000 kms on it. A 1999 Pontiac grand am 4 door with the 3.4l v6 for only $750. His first car which he paid for himself. It'll last him a few years without payments while he's still in school so he can work and save for college.
adae36cc7ee20df3c66d25c6ed5eb9ef.jpg

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
So I waited until 9am to hear if the car was available. No response so I headed to the city to go to the gym. When I got there, I was walking across the parking lot when my wife called to say she heard from our friend who was selling the car. It was still available so I turned around and drove back home to kick my teenage boy out of bed. 10 minutes later we were on the road to go see it. A 2 hour drive one way. We got there, looked at it, took it for a drive and went back to put a deposit. She's coming to the city tomorrow and will deliver it.

Drove back. Got home at 4:15 with enough time for him to get changed for work then I drove him there. He starts at 4:30 and that's when I got him there on time. Anyways, here's the car. Not bad with only 112,000 kms on it. A 1999 Pontiac grand am 4 door with the 3.4l v6 for only $750. His first car which he paid for himself. It'll last him a few years without payments while he's still in school so he can work and save for college.
adae36cc7ee20df3c66d25c6ed5eb9ef.jpg
My son had one of those. That's a pretty nice car You did well.

rugerman

Physical therapy today, I tripled the length of time that I was able to ride the recumbent cycle, did a bunch of exercises to strengthen my core and help my balance, walked a good distance. I will be sore for the next couple of days, but at least there is some improvement. I talked to the the physical therapy folks about my hands, they don’t offer much help as far as improvements there, I don’t know how much good it will be if I get my legs back if my hands don’t work. Oh well I will cross that bridge when I come to it.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
So today I chased a pickup truck, on foot. He was a pallet scavenger and I have been trying to catch him for months as we have quite a few. So I'm running down the street and up a small hill when disaster strikes. My spine slips between L4 and L5. My legs go into "Charlie horse" spasms and I fall to the ground.

Fortunately the guy saw me and came back. Within a minute I could sorta walk back to the plant. But I've been limping all day. The right leg just won't get over it. The lower calf muscle is in a knot.

The last time this happened I was 15 and had broken my back water skiing. But we didn't know it. I would be running ( I was a track long distance runner in High school.) or just walking and would collapse. Ex-rays showed a break.

Kept me out of the Marines but with a back brace, therapy and determination I got past it. My Godfather was a chiropractor and his tutelage got me to a full recovery. Even became a firefighter /paramedic.

And I still water skied. Even taught it for three summers. And yes, I see a CiroQuack doctor weekly

But today, big surprise.

So, after two glasses of medicinal Scotch, I went to my current Chiropractor.
His first question was 'Why did you chase a truck?" I told him "because the dog was still asleep."
(Obviously the scotch was talking)

"Was it worth it?"
No," I responded, "Unfortunately, the guy just wasn't that cute."
"This will take some time and some work to fix, so...;What are your plans for the week end?"

"I'm gonna get drunk."

Cathy and I had planned to go to the Springfield MO house for a romantic weekend. Just to be clear, romantic weekends are defined as "without the kids or pets." Me??? I'm jus' gonna be drinkin'.

We postponed departure until morning
She's gonna have to drive.

Hot whirlpool bath tonite and hopefully some special needs attention.
Good God, my legs hurt.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I can relate to exactly what you said. The same thing has been happening to me almost every evening. I'll be halfway across the room when I feel a pop in my back. My legs tense up and turn to mush. I have fallen over when that happens.

Today I'm taking my son to driver's ed. He has two full days in class this weekend and next then starts his driving portion. Then I play at the church this afternoon. Hopefully my fingers allow me to get through it. I took a chunk of skin out of the tip of my middle finger a few days ago and it burns like crazy when I play guitar.

Bannedjoe

I'm pumping cement into the walls on our house addition.
The dog got me up at 2:30 this morning, and I've been up ever since.

Trucks should be showing up around 8am.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm pumping cement into the walls on our house addition.
The dog got me up at 2:30 this morning, and I've been up ever since.

Trucks should be showing up around 8am.

Sounds like some hard work for you today.

I love hard work. I could watch it all day!:clap:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
This is my weekend to work.
I've already been given the heads up for it being potentially rough.

But I'm feeling :bb: today.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I can relate to exactly what you said. The same thing has been happening to me almost every evening. I'll be halfway across the room when I feel a pop in my back. My legs tense up and turn to mush. I have fallen over when that happens.

Today I'm taking my son to driver's ed. He has two full days in class this weekend and next then starts his driving portion. Then I play at the church this afternoon. Hopefully my fingers allow me to get through it. I took a chunk of skin out of the tip of my middle finger a few days ago and it burns like crazy when I play guitar.
I'm better this morning.

And, sadly, sober.

We'll be leaving for Springfield here in a moment.

See you guys later!

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
I hope that darn ground hog doesn't see it's shadow tomorrow. I'll hunt that little rascal down if he does!!!!

Anyway, I plan on going to the gym, then lunch with a neighbor and then into Council Bluffs for a Veteran meeting about what we can do to prevent Veterans from committing suicide. Maybe I'll go to a friendly neighborhood bar there for the Super Bowl before coming home.

Last edited:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
What's a super bowl? Jk. I have absolutely zero desire to watch. I think I've only ever watched about 5 minutes of a football game my entire life. Not about to start now.

Up at 4am in severe pain. I absolutely hate it when the temperature hangs around the freezing mark. Either give me -10 to -20 celcius or give me 20 to 30 above. It's going to be a long day.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I don't even know who's playing in the Super Bowl lol
It's going to be in the low 50s today and tomorrow.
This is February??
Last night wasn't too bad at work.
Nothing I couldn't handle anyway.
Fingers crossed today is the same.
I'm sure looking forward to having tomorrow off though.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Why oh why do I torment myself? After driving my son to driver's ed I stopped to pick up an angle grinder on sale then came home to start clearing snow off the roof around the skylights. We have one over the dining room and another over our bedroom. Clearing 2+ feet of wind packed snow off a roof just plain sucks.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I hope that darn ground hog doesn't see it's shadow tomorrow. I'll hunt that little rascal down if he does!!!!

Anyway, I plan on going to the gym, then lunch with a neighbor and then into Council Bluffs for a Veteran meeting about what we can do to prevent Veterans from committing suicide. Maybe I'll go to a friendly neighborhood bar there for the Super Bowl before coming home.
Agreed. I am so damn tired of winter already.

But today in Springfield MO, it was 75 F. And really sunny.

We went to our ranch property which we haven't worked since 2015.

The 32 foot RV was a mess and so were the decks and piles of building supplies.

Wild oats have taken over the lawn and pasture. Rains have wrecked the roads. However, the spring fed creek, which runs through the whole place, was running deep, cold and clear. Where we used to ford it, and where I planned to build a small dam/culvert, had naturally transformed into a 4-5 ft deep, 100 yard long X 20 or so FT wide pond full of bluegill and creek chub.

All the waterfalls were working. It was nice to see that. All five springs were pumping clear cold water.
Except for a lot of dead falls, trees that did not survive the fire, virtually no evidence of the wildfire that occurred some 11 years ago. The place is healing nicely.

We bug bombed the buildings, put out rat and mice poisons, Loaded the JEEP with everything salvageable from the trailer and headed home.

Beautiful day for sure.

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
Agreed. I am so damn tired of winter already.

But today in Springfield MO, it was 75 F. And really sunny.

We went to our ranch property which we haven't worked since 2015.

The 32 foot RV was a mess and so were the decks and piles of building supplies.

Wild oats have taken over the lawn and pasture. Rains have wrecked the roads. However, the spring fed creek, which runs through the whole place, was running deep, cold and clear. Where we used to ford it, and where I planned to build a small dam/culvert, had naturally transformed into a 4-5 ft deep, 100 yard long X 20 or so FT wide pond full of bluegill and creek chub.

All the waterfalls were working. It was nice to see that. All five springs were pumping clear cold water.
Except for a lot of dead falls, trees that did not survive the fire, virtually no evidence of the wildfire that occurred some 11 years ago. The place is healing nicely.

We bug bombed the buildings, put out rat and mice poisons, Loaded the JEEP with everything salvageable from the trailer and headed home.

Beautiful day for sure.

It was supposed to be 45 here but it got up to about 60. The bad news is it's supposed to be around 30 tomorrow.....but you never know for sure.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Since it's going to be 54° and sunny this afternoon, I'm going to walk the path up the hill and back again.
Then lightly clean the apartment, then have a nap.
I'm dead from last night.
The back: it does hurt.
2 Advil and another coffee will take care of that.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter

Yea, I hurt my back on Friday morning … stepping out of the shower!. Darned thing just locked up. Been hurting all week-end. No Advil yet. Like Franc, I've been treating it with Scotch. I can't remember if it has helped or not. :thumbup:

rugerman

Physical therapy this morning, legs are real sore, back is to, on top of my arthritis I hurt from my toes to my nose, but the physical therapy is helping, I can walk much farther now than when I started, still have trouble getting out of chairs, so more knee bends.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Since it's going to be 54° and sunny this afternoon, I'm going to walk the path up the hill and back again.
Then lightly clean the apartment, then have a nap.
I'm dead from last night.

Advil is for "pain."....; and pain alone.

I don't always hurt so bad I need it,

But, when I do,
I want to see the world through the bottom of a whisky glass.:laugh3:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Dropped the truck off at the dealership for a recall I've been waiting 13 months for. It apparently takes that long to get in a block heater cord. Went to the gym. I missed all last week.

Home now feeling sick to my stomach. Gallbladder is acting up. Hope to get answers soon.

Scouts tonight. We're going to the food bank warehouse for the second week to do work. I may miss it if I keep feeling like this.

Don't ask google why cornflakes were invented.

Status
Not open for further replies.