• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Not sure what to do...

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
OK well so far I can't even get a store to hire me part time for retail work, even seasonal. The owner of the pizza joint up the street has asked me a few times to drive for him. When he asked me first, I had to say no since my car was in pieces in the driveway. The next time they called me to see if I wanted to drive for them last Friday and Saturday nights. The car was fixed by then, but 2 things prevented me from saying yes, being that I had JUST fixed the car a few days prior, and wanted to make sure teh part would last, but mainly Lith was just getting home from her surgery and I wanted to be at home with her. So what do you think? Should I go for it, and tell him that I will drive for him? It seems the only way that I'm gonna pull any money in. The car is lacking on maintenance right now, actually both of them are, but the money I might make will help with that and I can get both back tip-top eventually. I am strongly considering this as Christmas is coming up on us like a freight train, and nobody else will even hire me. They either filled the position already, or, like where I WANT to get back in, Tractor Supply, they are on hiring freezes due to this shitty economy. The owner of the pizza joint, Sal, has always been good to us, and is a very nice man. It's just that, me being me, I am afraid that if I do drive for him, that something will go wrong, i.e., car breaks down again, the money isn't worth it, blah blah. I am thinking of going up to his shop today to tell him that if he still wants me, he's got me. What do you all think?

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
Yeppers I would go for it Rusty , you need to quit worrying about things beyond your control such as what might happen and just jump in head first . You will never know until you try .:wink:

I have a relative that started out delivering for a local pizza joint 12 years ago and he now owns that one and has started 2 other ones in neighboring small towns . He aint rich and these are far from pizza huts but still he has done well . He certainlly never expected to get where he has today when he started and bitched about it the first year or so , but he stuck it out . I aint aying it will happen in your case or if you would even want it to , just saying anything is posible. :biggrin: Afterall look who you have for a POTUS . :doh:

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
I think that's what I'm gonna do, Cowpoke. At this point, I guess it's best to take what I can get. Even if it isn't ideal.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
You gotta start somewhere Rusty . I would be upfront and tell the owner that your car is getting a little tired but you are willing to take the Job if he will try you out .
As a retired boss all I can say is the "squeaky wheel gets the grease" . Meaning that if you keep showing up and asking nicely to be considered for the job you will have a better chance of getting it .

Most of all , Don't sit on your ass waiting to be told what to do . There is always work that needs to be done so show some insight and you might be running the place by Christmas !!
Good Luck !

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
Thanks, Al. Thing is, I already have the job lol. I just gotta make a definate decision that I want it. That's where I always screw myself. I can never decide...

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Thanks, Al. Thing is, I already have the job lol. I just gotta make a definate decision that I want it. That's where I always screw myself. I can never decide...

Rusty , Read that part I bolded in your statement .

You better decide or be ready to stay exactly where you are now . Sitting on the fence will not get you ahead in life . I say GO FOR IT !!!!

Now get going buddy !!!

Last edited by a moderator:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Ask Sal if the pay goes up a little if gas goes over $4 a gallon. That is the one thing you need to watch on those type of delivery jobs. Good luck!:clap:

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
Hey billyboy, he is actually paying pretty good. damn near minimum wage. Which is alot better than Golden Crust offered me to drive for them

Last edited:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Cool! Watch speeding around the burgs. They look for those pizza signs and love to nail them for stop signs. So I have heard from some local cops.:whistling:

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
I know not of any sign that will be on my roof, (not that it matters with the condition of the paint, anyway, :yum: ) but good news! No uni. I can just wear whatever the hell I want.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I know not of any sign that will be on my roof, (not that it matters with the condition of the paint, anyway, :yum: ) but good news! No uni. I can just wear whatever the hell I want.
WRONG! You need to maintain a pleasant look and be courteous to suck nice tips out of the customers. Watch your language as well. Polite and dressed proper will get repeat customers and tips. Put some money aside for the tax man as well. They treat you like a waitress at filing time.

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
I will dress nice. Not gonna go out in a pair of roached out sweatpants and a wife beater, ffs :yum::yum::yum:

Nice jeans, and a clean shirt go a long way. That's also my entire wardrobe hahaha.

Keltin

Congrats Rusty! That's awesome! :clap:

Just be careful when the MILFs start ordering "extra anchovies"!! :yum:

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
:yum::yum::yum:

This could get fun, folks. I might have to start another epic thread concerning the Adventures of the Rusty Pizza Boy :yum:

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Good Luck Rusty !!!!!!! You'll do good if he can keep the pies rolling out the door.

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
Thanks folks.

Time to showcae my delivery outfit for tonight

Attachments

• uni.jpg
    uni.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 174

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
Lookin good Rusty , dont forget some folks probably take offence to food being delivered to them from someone thats smoking a cigarette . Not that you dont know that or would do it . :wink:

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
Oh Yea , dont forget if something dont look right it probablly aint so watch yer butt . That aint the safest type job out there these days . Good luck and hope you rake in the tips . :biggrin:

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
Lookin good Rusty , dont forget some folks probably take offence to food being delivered to them from someone thats smoking a cigarette . Not that you dont know that or would do it . :wink:

Oh, Cowpoke, I won't lol.

Oh Yea , dont forget if something dont look right it probablly aint so watch yer butt . That aint the safest type job out there these days . Good luck and hope you rake in the tips . :biggrin:

Yeah, but the area around here is not violent at all. Worst I would probably have to deal with is high teens or drunk people.

Trakternut

Cool! Watch speeding around the burgs. They look for those pizza signs and love to nail them for stop signs. So I have heard from some local cops.:whistling:

:yum::yum::yum:

This could get fun, folks. I might have to start another epic thread concerning the Adventures of the Rusty Pizza Boy :yum:

When my cousin was newly divorced, he rented an apartment on a busy road. This was in the days of the "30-minute or less" delivery time, or the customer got his pizza free.

He'd wait til he saw the cops had a speed trap set up and call for delivery. Every time, the pizza delivery guy would get nabbed for a speeding ticket which took some time, so, my cousin got his pizza free.

He did tip the driver a few $$$ to help defray the fine. :wink:

Wiley son-of-a-gun.

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
When my cousin was newly divorced, he rented an apartment on a busy road. This was in the days of the "30-minute or less" delivery time, or the customer got his pizza free.

He'd wait til he saw the cops had a speed trap set up and call for delivery. Every time, the pizza delivery guy would get nabbed for a speeding ticket which took some time, so, my cousin got his pizza free.

He did tip the driver a few $$$ to help defray the fine. :wink:

Wiley son-of-a-gun.
I bet he is a democrat. :hide::yankchain::biggrin:

Lithium

ok so rusty started his new job 2 hours ago..havent heard anything from him.. hope things are going ok.