• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Obama Health Care logo-- the latest and strangest controversy in Health Care Reform?

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Interesting observation . . .

http://www.gormogons.com/2009/08/its-all-about-me.html

Monday, August 10, 2009

It's All About Me!

Can any of us remember a time when a president of the United States had his own logo? While I only really remember Reagan, Bush Sr., Clinton, Bush Jr. and Obama, I don't recall seeing a logo for any of the presidents before them. If I'm wrong, drop me a note, I'm not above admitting that I didn't know something. However, not only does Obama have his own logo (the portion of the picture at the left with the "O" shape containing the red and white stripes), the administration is busy using taxpayer money to adapt that logo into a logo for the national healthcare program (proposed logo is the one pictured).

What if president Truman had a logo and included it in the logo for the Central Intelligence Agency after he signed the Executive Order in effect creating the organization? What about George W. Bush putting a big, stylized "B" logo in the middle of the Department of Homeland Security and the Office of the Director of National Intelligence? Somehow, I don't think either of those would have gone over well at all.

But in walks Obama and we see cars tatooed with the logo and now it's being used as part of national program. Draw your own conclusions, but I know having a ruler's logo issued as part of national programs isn't in our history but exists in others that aren't too favorable.

http://www.examiner.com/x-6722-Miam...d-strangest-controversy-in-Health-Care-Reform

Obama Health Care logo-- the latest and strangest controversy in Health Care Reform?

August 6, 4:58 PM · Robbin Swad - Miami City Buzz Examiner
healthcare_protests%282%29.jpg

AP Photo/Hans Pennink

Just when you think the topic of health care reform couldn't get any hotter, especially after South Florida's heated protests of local lawmaker, Ron Klein's district office on Wednesday, could yet another issue be an image of the Health Care Reform logo?
The Miami Herald has reported that about 100 people showed up for the monthly question meeting with U.S. Rep. Ron Klein's staffers.
"The incident is like others that reflect nerves frayed by the nationwide debate. Democrats decry what they describe as a mob rule orchestrated by special interests trying to protect the status quo; Republicans call it genuine grass-roots concern over a costly government takeover."
Constituents across the nation are confronting lawmakers in their hometowns during this recess from Congress. Even though, a late-July Wall Street Journal/NBC News poll found that support for Obama's health plan had dropped: 42 percent called it a bad idea, while 36 percent said it was a good idea, Americans protesting and opposing Health Care Reform are being labeled as "angry mobs of a small number of rabid right wing extremists" by the Democratic National Committee. Chicago Tribune, CNNPolitics.com

And here is the latest buzz: the Health Care reform logo featured on Barack Obama's website is getting attention for its eerie likeness to dictator propaganda- style depictions. Is this just another contrived controversy against the current administration or is there any validity to the notion that this is a frightening sign of things to come?
Let's compare and you decide.
Eagle, emanating beams of light, well-known, non-national symbol, geographic map...
propaganda%281%29.jpg
healthcare_logo.jpg
nazi_pic_2.jpg

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Does not surprise me. We will all be given a new number also. Like our social security number is not enough. Hell, they will probably want to micro-chip us as well!

California

Charter Member
Site Supporter
Wasn't Paul 'expressing concern' about all that Nazi symbolism? Dang! He's on the same side of that issue as Pelosi! :yum:

And since they agree, I'll agree too - using Nazi symbolism to support or smear an American point of view, is unAmerican.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
People are even beginning to see the logo in their food, did you know that?

Ain't it strange? :yum:

Food, health care, diet.. ughh!

Attachments

• obamapizza.jpg
    obamapizza.jpg
    163.2 KB · Views: 58
  • obama_burger.jpg
    obama_burger.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 62

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Dang! the healthcare debate turns my stomach and then you post a pic of my kind of breakfast.