• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Is Google Down?

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Can someone connect to Google and see it it works. We at our office have been trying to connect for some time today and can't get in. A couple of days ago we could not get in either?

Let me know if you all can get in or not.

murph

buckle97

SUPER Site Supporter
I am searching with Google right now and have been for the last twenty minutes or so.

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
Can someone connect to Google and see it it works. We at our office have been trying to connect for some time today and can't get in. A couple of days ago we could not get in either?

Let me know if you all can get in or not.

murph

Sounds like you have a local DNS issue.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Yeah I am finding out that we have many sites we can't get to including MSN. I will have to do some more digging on our end to figure it out.

murph

ddrane2115

Charter Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Can you get to any sites, try something that you have not been to on that computer, such as a personal website. This way you wont get a cached page and think it is only certain sites.

check the modem, do ipconfig /all at a command prompt, check dns, ip, gateway, and the internet provider provided IP. Could be your provider is having trouble, but they wont admit it................ever.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Danny,

I am thinking it is our proxy server. It is a Linux system and I found that if I reboot it everything works for about an half an hour then we find certain sites we can no longer get to. If I go around the proxy server and connect to the sites that don't work going through our proxy server I can connect. Anyway my next problem is the company that installed the proxy server is no longer in business and I may be forced to make some changes.

murph

ddrane2115

Charter Member
SUPER Site Supporter
if you bypass and it works then what you bypassed is the problem without a doubt. I am not linux, but I can tell you if it were an MS, I would checking for viruses on it, it is rebooting itself, it is being attacked, ip addy change in some way once it is up and running...........do you use DHCP with it?