• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Camping World stores tell Trump supporters to shop elsewhere

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm guessing that the Trump base is largely made up of people who shop at Camping World. Somehow I don't see NY or Chicago limousine liberals who inhabit high rise buildings as the main supporters of President Trump.

LINK >>> http://nesn.com/2017/08/major-nasca...ho-agree-with-donald-trump-to-shop-elsewhere/

Marcus Lemonis has no problem with some customers taking their RV and outdoor needs elsewhere.

Close followers of NASCAR know Lemonis, CEO of Camping World, is a major player in the sport. His brand is the title sponsor of the truck racing series, while its subsidiary Overton’s has sponsored multiple races and cars this season. With that in mind, NASCAR chairman Brian France — who last year endorsed Donald Trump for president — might want to watch his words. Amid the flood of CEOs rushing to distance themselves from Trump’s business councils after the U.S. president’s wishy-washy denunciation of white supremacy last weekend, Lemonis on Wednesday appeared on CNBC’s “Power Lunch,” where he seemed to suggest he wouldn’t be shattered if people who supported Trump’s comments decided to shop elsewhere.

“Marcus, you have a consumer-facing business, Camping World,” CNBC’s Michelle Caruso-Cabrera asked. “So do you worry about, if you were on one of these councils, would you worry, thinking, wow, I’ve got to deal with consumers every day, are they going to look at the business poorly because I’m associated with the White House?”

Lemonis’ response: “There’s no doubt that there is probably not many consumers in this country today that are in favor of what has been said in the last couple days — and if they are, frankly, don’t shop at my business.”

Read more at: http://nesn.com/2017/08/major-nasca...ho-agree-with-donald-trump-to-shop-elsewhere/

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
It has always amazed me how otherwise intelligent people who are business savvy and somewhat educated allow themselves to let emotion rule their business decisions and shoot themselves in the foot over it.

I see more of my wife's clients with Bernie, Support Planned Parenthood, BLM, Pro Choice bumper stickers on their cars when then park in the driveway. We chuckle, we take their money and off we go to the bank thank you very much.

I have no respect for that guy because he is a piss poor business man and damn fool.

About 4 years ago the Gov of NY stated that conservatives were not welcome in NY. We have not spent a dime there since and never will. I actually make sure I drive straight though on my way to PA. Only have to tell me once. I'm good at getting the hint.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
The Business Leaders on the President's panel have a opportunity to effect positive change. Disengagement does not solve problems. It abandons them to the possibility of solutions in which you did not participate.

I'll let Mr. Lemonis know I have no problem with his request.

Never liked his stores anyhow. Now, even less.

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
As already said, I'm amazed business owners, usually of large businesses, let emotions rule in these times. I hope it bites him in the a$$ really hard!!
Mike