• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

1979(?) Tucker 543 on ksl.com

Blackfoot Tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
When I saw the photos on ksl.com it triggered my memory. I'm quite sure this was listed on ebay about a year ago. It was listed with a Wyoming address and there was no factory blade on the front, though the framework was mounted on the machine. Also all tracks were on the machine. If my memory is right the bidding got up to just over $8K and the reserve was not met.

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218&ad=26494002&cat=146&lpid=1&search=&ad_cid=1

By the late 1970's Tucker had largely shifted from their traditional steel tracks to the "modular style" with rubber belts and steel grousers. I think it's fair to say steel track machines bring less money. This machine does however have the wide pontoons. Another plus is, from the photos anyway, the cab doesn't appear to have rust issues.

Looking over the ad's description make me question the seller's knowledge. For example it's listed as a 1979, but the data plate is stamped 1980. The data plate clearly shows it left the factory with a Chrysler 318 Industrial engine. The ad says it has a Ford. Certainly it may very well have a Ford, but it would be a bunch of work to make that swap. Chrysler built 318's in huge numbers, so they are both plentiful and cheap. Yes, there are some differences between the automotive and the industrial versions, but not huge by any stretch.

The front blade looks "less than optimal", and that's putting it nicely. In the fourth photo, just behind the manual transmission shift lever is the factory six way blade control handle. If you look just forward of that, and to the left of the shift lever, you'll see a joystick for operating the current blade.

The factory six way blade was an expensive option. (I personally consider it desirable, this one not so much...) Finding a factory blade to mount on this machine would probably be extremely difficult.

Here's a link to a pdf of what a later model six way blade looks like:http://safetyoneinc.com/specsheets/pdf/Tucker6Way.pdf

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
wow 12 grand and it has a wiennie little western drive way snow plow, and a broken track. the body does look nice but I bet the tracks will need a full rebuild as you never just have one link wear out.

Blackfoot Tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
wow 12 grand and it has a wiennie little western drive way snow plow, and a broken track. the body does look nice but I bet the tracks will need a full rebuild as you never just have one link wear out.

And with over 250 of the flanged track bearings that ride along the pontoons (and are no longer available from Tucker) it could be a real "can of worms"...

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
it would make a great belted track candidate, but unless you have a parts machine laying around the price is going to have come down to make it cost effective.