• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

big A$$ tracks

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
I wouldn't consider any of these snow cats but they are some impressive tracked vehicles also one pic make you tractor collectors drool and for anny of the railroad buffs check out these motors the galloping goose wasn't the only one that still survives

Attachments

• nome vehicles 001.jpg
    nome vehicles 001.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 491
  • nome vehicles 002.jpg
    nome vehicles 002.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 489
  • nome vehicles 003.jpg
    nome vehicles 003.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 492
  • nome vehicles 004.jpg
    nome vehicles 004.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 496
  • nome vehicles 005.jpg
    nome vehicles 005.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 493
  • nome vehicles 006.jpg
    nome vehicles 006.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 492

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
what makes living here so cool for a vintage machinery geek is things that come here too the end of the world usualy stay here seldom does any thing ever get shipped out sometimes it's soold and other times it gets abandond

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
Cool stuff ! Thanks.

Any idea what the first one is used for ?

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
Cool stuff ! Thanks.

Any idea what the first one is used for ?
the first one is a custom built drill rig the nodwell is the support vehicle they've been drilling a lot of wells lately they can punch a hole trhough 400 feet of bedrock in just a couple days the drillers also do mineral exploration the drill carrier has a series 60 detroit whic should be about 425 hp which makes it one powerful drill.

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
looks like you are getting one on line if anyone from the forums wanted to see the country side should they come up here i would gladly run them around if they didn't mind helping out fuel

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
i talked to the guy who built the big drill he is going to do core samples for a mine down by councle he has build like 5 rigs like that one and has shipped them all over he even took 3 to siberia on one project.

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
You must be getting this suff in by ships now. Does your fuel price drop in the summer?
Jim

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
yes the first 2 barges made it in with freight but fuel will be late this year as of jan 1 we now have to sell ulsd for motor fuel so the tanks had to be drained and cleaned befoore the new ulsd product can be put back in. because of the ulsd change we are expecting a price increace for motor fuel.

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
made a trip up the road yeserday too deliver some fuel the rain has started too turn stuff green so i snapped some pics of the country side of the same areas i was in in the winter so the summer and winter differences can be seen also we loaded the fuel on to a morooko tracked vehicle and a nodwell trailer for the trip into the mine looking at that rig i thaught it would be the ideal krusty recovery vehicle.

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
will try the pics again they didn't take

Attachments

• morooko 001.jpg
    morooko 001.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 383
  • morooko 002.jpg
    morooko 002.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 381
  • morooko 003.jpg
    morooko 003.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 381

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
just saw this. LOVIN the pics! especialy that yellow railroad truck. any more pics of that? :D
i could come up with a few more also there is another one on the tundra out by salmoon lake but i havn't seen that one yet might make a good reason for another expidition.