• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
Not much. I'm going to the gym this morning. This evening I'm meeting a young lady who works for the Trump campaign and her husband in a bar (where else?) in Council Bluffs...he took a liking to me because I sponsored them to become members if the Council Bluffs Rifle and Pistol Club so now we're buddies.

Then back home.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Today is going to be a lazy day, I think. I'm physically strapped after spending a chunk of yesterday afternoon changing out ONE sprinkler. Every now and again you get one that is a booger to replace ... and this was it. Ended up with my head in a hole the size of the Grand Canyon cutting tree roots, digging out rocks and repairing a broken feeder line. Eventually got it done but I was hot, sweaty and hurting, hence lazy day today.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Today is going to be a lazy day, I think. I'm physically strapped after spending a chunk of yesterday afternoon changing out ONE sprinkler. Every now and again you get one that is a booger to replace ... and this was it. Ended up with my head in a hole the size of the Grand Canyon cutting tree roots, digging out rocks and repairing a broken feeder line. Eventually got it done but I was hot, sweaty and hurting, hence lazy day today.

You are officially a member of the one project a day club! :th_lmao:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Boating. Lots of work, then the fun begins. :D

today is 'River Raft Up' day. :beer:

Attachments

• riverRaftDay.jpg
    riverRaftDay.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 42

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Fishing this morning...canceled on account of a migraine headache. That and the fact that we woke up to thunderstorms. Lazy morning in the camper with fresh blueberry pancakes for breakfast.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Today it was back on the container. I got the first 2 that were extended out 100% welded out ( Lots of welding, at least 4 passes 4" long in 8 places on each one ). Also got the other 4 tacked on in place. Tomorrow I will finish welding the other 4 and make the brackets to hold the bottom of the tilt supports. I may get a few on tomorrow but its hot this weekend. I worked a little longer than I should have today. After 10 AM everything up there gets to hot to touch.

Attachments

• IMG_1100.jpg
    IMG_1100.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_1099.jpg
    IMG_1099.jpg
    169.8 KB · Views: 49

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Boating. Lots of work, then the fun begins. :D

today is 'River Raft Up' day. :beer:

We love sailboat raft-ups.

Tied at the stern, makes a big circle of boats. Kids swimming in the middle, diving off the sterns. Teenagers running from boat to boat. and all the women in swimsuits. Me and Cathy sitting in the aft cockpit sunning. Her in a bikini and me trying to talk her into going below.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I've been trying to figure out what is causing the pain in my friend Jules face.
She's been to the dentist and her doctor.
Neither one can figure it out.
Hopefully she feels better this evening to join me and the other gals going out to dinner.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Today it was back on the container. I got the first 2 that were extended out 100% welded out ( Lots of welding, at least 4 passes 4" long in 8 places on each one ). Also got the other 4 tacked on in place. Tomorrow I will finish welding the other 4 and make the brackets to hold the bottom of the tilt supports. I may get a few on tomorrow but its hot this weekend. I worked a little longer than I should have today. After 10 AM everything up there gets to hot to touch.

Keep going son. You're impressing the hell out of me! :clap:

PG, That looks good enough to eat. Pass the ketchup.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Well, I got bored this afternoon. I went out and bedded in the sprinkler that I changed out yesterday and found another one on the same station that wasn't working as well as it should. Tomorrow. Otherwise, I just piddled. I changed out the line on two string trimmers, cleaned up the tools that I used yesterday changing the sprinkler, blew leaves out of the carport, etc. Darn, it was hot though. Officially it was 99°F but I only showed 97° at the house. We have to wait until next week for the 100s to arrive. August in Texas. I should be getting ready to head to Colorado if it wasn't for the darned Covid-19. I'm tired of this sh*t.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm going to have a quiet Sunday.
Jeff and Kasey rolled into Defiance at midnight coming back from Pittsburgh.
I waited up to hear from him.
Reminded me of his teenage years when he would come home past curfew. Lol

I think I've pinpointed Jules condition as trigeminal neuralgia.
It fits every symptom she's been having.
The jury is still out until tomorrow when her blood work comes back.
Last night at dinner she went to her MyChart thru Promedica.
Holy cow what a list.
All said pending....

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Well, I got bored this afternoon. I went out and bedded in the sprinkler that I changed out yesterday and found another one on the same station that wasn't working as well as it should. Tomorrow. Otherwise, I just piddled. I changed out the line on two string trimmers, cleaned up the tools that I used yesterday changing the sprinkler, blew leaves out of the carport, etc. Darn, it was hot though. Officially it was 99°F but I only showed 97° at the house. We have to wait until next week for the 100s to arrive. August in Texas. I should be getting ready to head to Colorado if it wasn't for the darned Covid-19. I'm tired of this sh*t.

Might be time to by a place to go, 5 acres somewhere you like it.:bolt:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
After a hot day in the sun down at the water pulling the kids in a tube behind the boat, I took some friends from camp on a nice longish ride up to the north end of the lake. They'd never been on a boat to see how big it actually is. 17 miles from one end to the other.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
This morning I changed it up a bit. I went to the shop when it was still dark about 5:30 AM and made 12 of the 24 brackets that hold the bottom of the tubes that will control the tilt on the panel frames. Got them done about 7:45 AM then watered some plants. I had time after that to get the 12 brackets on for 3 frames. Tomorrow more of the same. Now its time for a shower, eat and then I don't know, maybe nothing.

Attachments

• IMG_1101.jpg
    IMG_1101.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_1102.jpg
    IMG_1102.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_1103.jpg
    IMG_1103.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 63

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Ir rained like hell last night. Filled the greenhouse once again. Cathy spent the night turning the sump pump on and off.

So today I am installing an automatic pump.

I have had a pump new in the box for years, but since we planned to rebuild the Greenhouse I held off. This year we have had at least five episodes of flooding. so,,,,, Today I blow a hole in the floor, dig a big hole and line it with gravel and a plastic tub.

Sadly the new greenhouse will have a lowered floor and the current installation will be useless. But we have five more nights of this heavy rain predicted. I'll get some sleep tonight.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
P_G, I looked up trigeminal neuralgia. I wish Jules the best.

Thanks Lenny.
She's been in nursing almost as long as me.
One thing that frustrates the hell out of us is when there is a condition that those with higher degrees than us ,cannot figure out.
I've diagnosed several people in my life with the very simple breakdown of listening, observing and thinking worse case scenario first.

Anyway.. today was good.
Jeff and Kasey slept long, like almost all day.

I made a huge crock of taco soup which I shared with the young couple in the apartment next to me.
Knocked on the door: Hello I brought you soup.

Deacon said :eek:h my gosh you didn't have to do that.
Sarah, his fiancee was very appreciative.
They asked me if I cook a lot.
I said yes, when i have time and am not working over there ------>.
She asked me if i was a nurse.
Told her yes and she said: I thought you were because I've seen you leaving in the morning.
You even look like a nurse.
Huh?
Lots of people tell me that.

:yum:

Last edited:

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
P_G, I think a lot of doctors just want to throw pills at people and don't really care about their lives. My observative is that Obamacare put a LOT of red tape in the medical industry and that really put a mental burden on them. A lot of doctors retired early because of Obamacare and they were replaced with mid-eastern doctors...another intentional factor to deteriorate the morale.

Anyway, I'm glad you were able to diagnose the cause. And it was very nice and thoughtful of you to give your neighbors some home make taco soup! Let me know if they move out and I will move in! LOL

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
It was so darned hot today that I didn't intend to do much. I had one sprinkler to replace from yesterday so I went out to do that. This one went as it is supposed to go, 5 minutes to change the sprinkler and 10 minutes to adjust it. Since I was on a roll, I changed out another 3 that were working but not as well as they should have been. Again
no problems. I like it when it goes like that. Hopefully that will be it for sprinklers for a while.

I drove down to the lake to see how it was draining. It's down about 10 feet and is about half empty. The dam had started leaking like a sieve and needs to be rebuilt. That job should start in a couple of weeks or so. Not looking forward to that.

Got cleaned up and went over to my SIL's at the farm for dinner. It was an enjoyable evening.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
This morning I changed it up a bit. I went to the shop when it was still dark about 5:30 AM and made 12 of the 24 brackets that hold the bottom of the tubes that will control the tilt on the panel frames. Got them done about 7:45 AM then watered some plants. I had time after that to get the 12 brackets on for 3 frames. Tomorrow more of the same. Now its time for a shower, eat and then I don't know, maybe nothing.

Got back down to the shop at the same time, got the other 12 brackets on and 90% of all the welding done. Next move will be the penetrations for the electrical cables, paint the top and move inside the container to install a bench 24" wide across the back of the container. Batteries go under and the inverter on top. Charge controller and breaker box will be wall mounted. Looks like I am on schedule for a change.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Marty, we used cord grips from the electrical supply place when we only needed a few feed throughs. You’ll have to waterproof the base But the cable remains easy to replace when the time comes

Heres a spec sheet.

https://www.elecdirect.com/media/specsheets/129WMP.pdf

Thats an idea, I would just have to hole saw a hole in the side up high going in and one low for going out, with no welding required. I was going to weld in a piece of pipe, stuff all the cables through and fill it with construction foam. You're idea is a little cleaner and I can get them out easily if required.:clap:

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Went to the city to run a couple errands and go for physio. I was supposed to go look at a 3000w inverter generator for camp as a backup. Got there. The guy hauled it out and said it hadn't run in a couple years. So we put some gas in it and tried pulling it over to start it. The cord broke. So I told the guy if he could get it fixed and running I'd go look again.

Came home, hooked up the small wood trailer to the side by side and headed back to the bush to drop a 50ft dead balsam for firewood at camp. Got it down, bucked up and loaded, then came back to the garage to split it with the electric splitter. I was halfway through the pile when the lights started flickering for a few minutes before going out completely. It's windy today. Downed tree on a line down the road. The tree caught fire.

Went to get the oldest boy from work. Going back to the city to see the generator this evening.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Jules stopped by after work to show me her blood work print out, 3 pages.
We talked for a while, then she said you wanna go grab a bite.
So we went down to the pub.
Then in the middle of shopping at Chief supermarket, the weather thing started going off.
At that time it said warning/severe.
We beat feet just in time for the worst to pass.
Then she went home.
Ty had also texted me and said head's up Mother. Told him I was at the store.
He told me to get my ass home.
:th_lmao:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
P_G, I think a lot of doctors just want to throw pills at people and don't really care about their lives. My observative is that Obamacare put a LOT of red tape in the medical industry and that really put a mental burden on them. A lot of doctors retired early because of Obamacare and they were replaced with mid-eastern doctors...another intentional factor to deteriorate the morale.

Anyway, I'm glad you were able to diagnose the cause. And it was very nice and thoughtful of you to give your neighbors some home make taco soup! Let me know if they move out and I will move in! LOL
I agree with your analysis.
My doctor of some 40 years no longer talks with me during my annual physical. He types every word into his lap top. Our visits used to be very comprehensive reviews of my health and lifestyles. It is why, I believe, I have the cell age of a 50 year old. I'm 73.

My wife has the same doctor. She looks to be in her 50's as well. She will be 70 in two weeks.

However, now he just dispenses a script for pills. And complains he doesn't have time to practice medicine.

Status
Not open for further replies.