• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

New steam lombard skis

loggah

SUPER Site Supporter
Well a while back i made a "deal" with my friend Dave Clark to make a new set of Steam lombard steering skis,in exchange for a Linn tractor engine to replace the bad one in my Linn.
I built the original ones out of hard maple back in the late 80's and the ants and powder post beetles took a toll on them. I made the new ones out of steel plate.:biggrin::biggrin:no beetles and ants will get them. Heres a few pictures of almost a weeks work and nearly 50 lbs of welding rod. Ready for paint and instillation.

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

they weigh over 300 lbs each !!!:biggrin:

undy

Nice! That's the second pair you've made now, isn't it?

Do your friends appreciate how lucky they are to have your skills available?

night-owl

GOLD Site Supporter
I don't miss much so it's good to finally screw up �� That is some real fine work and I realize the commitment of time it takes, I was to busy looking for grinding marks ��

loggah

SUPER Site Supporter
:biggrin:well there is a bunch of grinding marks for sure,40 lbs of stick welding will make you do that!!:smile:i didnt grind them much where the shoes bolt on because that is hidden.