• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Tornado

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
What is it with Tornado's this summer. We're pretty sure one passed through here a few weeks ago. We were out at camp at around 8am just starting to crawl out of bed when the camper started shaking without warning. I peeked out the window and saw a black wall of clouds coming right towards us. The winds were picking up so I ran out quickly to take down the awning. As I dropped it, a 10 ft branch came flying outta nowhere, bounced off the roof of the camper, then came right towards my head. I ducked and it bounced off the awning and crashed to the ground. The town where I work reported having golf ball sized hail. We all figure it touched down about 10 miles east of there. We never get tornados here.

Around the same time, there was a confirmed sighting of a tornado near Dryden, about a 7 hr drive west.

Now sunday, Goderich Ontario had a tornado pass through town. One person confirmed dead and 37 injured is what I hear.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
They are pretty rare around here but we had at least 3 local ones this year. Memorial day one hit the town 3 miles away and tore up trees and roofs all over. They are still working on some of those places.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
We would get tornado warnings once in awhile, and I pretty much ignored them. I thought we were immune because of all the hills in this part of the country. Wrong. Last October one touched down one mile from my house. Devastating. I had heard tornadoes don't go down, that they travel flat along a plain ....well the one that hit here didn't know that rule as it went down into valleys and destroyed houses and tore the tops off of thousands of trees. The devastation is unreal. Pictures do not do it justice. You have to take it all in first hand and then, like me, I suspect you'll be in awe of the power of nature.

I pay attention to tornado warnings now.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Just as Doc described the one that hit our local town came down from the top of the mountain and left a trail of shattered trees all the way to the bottom where it took the whole second story of a house and dumped it in the field next to it while the folks were sleeping. Imagine having the roof and ceiling lifted off while you sleep. :w00t2:

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
Seems they been popping up in alot of strange places this year. Had some our way, too. Way more reported than usual. And also more confirmed than usual. The end of the world is nigh, folks. Get your helmets and meet me at the bar.