• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

22nd Wedding Anniversary ~ what gift???

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
The lovely Mrs_B and I will be celebrating our anniversary in 2 months. I'm pretty much clueless as to what to get her this year. It does not have to be fancy or expensive. Any help would be appreciated.

Kwiens

Bob,

I purchased my lovely wife a John Deere garden tractor for an anniversary, I believe it was our 12th. The next year I bought a weedeater and a chainsaw. She doesn't use or touch any of these items but I use them so she may enjoy a beautiful lawn and yard!

I am still recovering from her response.......

If you are like us; neither of you have any real needs or wants. I find roses/flowers, chocolates, a nice meal and shiny jewelery are well received. Remember, it's the thought that counts.

Kevin

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Jewelery is out, she got some sparkely rocks in recent years and watches and necklaces and all that sort of silly stuff. I was actually thinking tulips. She really likes those, especially the red ones. And she has her own tractor (the Ventrac is hers) and she has her own weedwacker, which she actually uses.

But I did a quick internet search, 22nd anniversary is COPPER. So maybe a nice hand crafted/hammered copper vase with red tulips?

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
A weekend outing could be nice.
or, this could get expensive,
A shopping trip to the Gurney Mills outlet (north of Chicago).

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
A copper wine enhancer?

Would a hammered copper table (or ceiling) bust up your FLW theme?

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Doc, I have just had foot surgery, the anniversary is in 60 days, the doctor figures I will not even get to the stage when I can walk on crutches for 45 more days! Walking around an outlet mall would be suicide!!!

We just bought a FLW inspired copper table; and the copper ceiling would not fit into the house. I have no clue what a copper wine enhancer is, but something tells me it might end up being a "whine" enhancer instead? No sentiment in the roll of pennies, and she wants a trip to the Caribbean, but not for our anniversary. The copper sculpture for the yard might be a good one. I saw one recently at Gumps. I'll have to check their website to see if the offer it via mail, it was a birdbath & bird feeder sculpture made with copper details.

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
I think there is still some copper power lines on the ground at my other property from where I snagged an old tension cable and pulled down a pole or two trying to get my tractor out. How would she like a few hundred feet of old power lines? :thumb: Don't forget, it's not the cheap aluminum shit; it's the good copper stuff. That's why I hid a lot of it until I can get back to pull it out with the bigger tractor. I mean, you can line one side of your driveway with the old copper power lines for her. Wouldn't that be cool? :tiphat:

Ice Queen

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
I don't have any bright ideas, but I am sure you will come up with something. A 'copper' in England is also a policeman, but I am sure she wouldn't want one of those, I mean, what would she do with him???....... 'A few coppers' another English saying means a few pennies, I have some old English pennies, any good? I also have some bits of copper pipe that are spare from my central heating installation. I acquired an old copper cylinder (ex water storage tank with immersion heater inside) and cut the end off and made a rather nice bird bath - any good? It had a piece cut out of the side, so I added a water lily, which I had made out of copper, I made it years ago, but it is still going strong, and the birds seem to like it! Can post a piccy if required! Other than that, the brain is blank - no change there then!!

working woman

Site Supporter
. A 'copper' in England is also a policeman, but I am sure she wouldn't want one of those, I mean, what would she do with

hmmmmmmm. After 22 yrs of Bob she may want a change!

kensfarm

Charter Member
SUPER Site Supporter
What the ladies like.. dressed up night out.. expensive fancy dinner.. a play, musical.. or ballet show. Get car service for the evening.. doesn't have to be a limo.. but not having to worry about parking.. driving.. and getting curbside service is nice.. plus w/ your foot. Now she can wear all those fancy jewelry you gave her before! Throw in a day spay gift set for the special evening out.. she'll be pampered & spoiled!

I've never seen a woman want copper.. if you bought her copper based pots & pans.. she'd just wack you on your head w/ them! :)

elsmitro

floppy member
B_Skurka said:
I was actually thinking tulips. But I did a quick internet search, 22nd anniversary is COPPER. So maybe a nice hand crafted/hammered copper vase with red tulips?

I've got it! Tell her you got her a job planting tulips. Twolips on your *#!@ :yum: You can paint your junk copper! :yum:

Good Luck! :yum:

I always try to get my wife to pick out her own gifts. I would much rather know I'm getting something good. :thumb: