• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

oc 12 question

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
Ok for you oc-12 experts how much oil does my oc-12 in my 1200 hold. I drained it last night and got about 1/2 gallon out of the main box and at sun up I will drain the reduction boxes I plan on a refill with amzoil power shift oil. the stuff that came out smelled like 80-90 also had a little water contamination in it I have about 2 gallons of amzoil will that be enough or should I get a little more.

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Ok for you oc-12 experts how much oil does my oc-12 in my 1200 hold. I drained it last night and got about 1/2 gallon out of the main box and at sun up I will drain the reduction boxes I plan on a refill with amzoil power shift oil. the stuff that came out smelled like 80-90 also had a little water contamination in it I have about 2 gallons of amzoil will that be enough or should I get a little more.

Don you mean 2100 not 1200 correct? the 1200 diff when used as the hydraulic resivoir takes 6 gallons where as the 2100 I have marked as 2-1/2 gallons
30 weight in the cold

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
next question I saw some where that the drop boxes will fill up when you fill the differential is this right. I ask this because there is a little 1/8 inch drain plug at the bottom and a half inch plug at the half way point.should I just fill through the differential or should the drop boxes be filled with 90 wt gear lube

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
also forgot to ask about vents I see none in my diff should I add a poppet vent into into the little dog leg filler pipe

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
next question I saw some where that the drop boxes will fill up when you fill the differential is this right. I ask this because there is a little 1/8 inch drain plug at the bottom and a half inch plug at the half way point.should I just fill through the differential or should the drop boxes be filled with 90 wt gear lube

The drop boxes will fill from the diff, so check the fluid after you run it, I have always overfilled the 2100 the diff on others acts as a resivor and will hold over 5 gallons so my thought always was fill it till it at least reaches the axle tubes