• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

I'm 83 and I'm Tired

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Bill Cosby rants. Thought I would let him use our soapbox.
BTW, If this fact checks out not to be from Bill Cosby, and I think it does, the MODS are welcome (please) to change the thread title to I'm 65 and tired.
Put my name on it.

Because not one word of it differs from my point of view.

Cosby "I'm 83 and Tired"

"I'm 83 and I'm Tired"

I'm 83. Except for brief period in the 50's when I was doing my National Service, I've worked hardsince I was 17. Except for some serious health challenges, I put in 50-hour weeks, and didn't call in sick in nearly 40 years. I made a reasonable salary, but I didn't inherit my job or my income, and I worked to get where I am. Given the economy, it looks as though retirement was a bad idea, and I'm tired. Very tired.

I'm tiredof being told that I have to "spread the wealth" to people who don't have my work ethic. I'm tired of being told the government will take the money I earned, by force if necessary, and give it to people too lazy to earn it.

I'm tiredof being told that Islam is a "Religion of Peace," when every day I can read dozens of stories of Muslim men killing their sisters, wives and daughters for their family "honor"; of Muslims rioting over some slight offense; of Muslims murdering Christian and Jews because they aren't "believers"; of Muslims burning schools for girls; of Muslims stoning teenage rape victims to death for "adultery"; of Muslims mutilating the genitals of little girls; all in the name of Allah, because the Qur'an and Shari'a law tells them to.

I'm tiredof being told that out of "tolerance for other cultures" we must let Saudi Arabia and other Arab countries use our oil money to fund mosques and madrassa Islamic schools to preach hate in Australia , New Zealand, UK, America and Canada, while no one from these countries are allowed to fund a church, synagogue or religious school in Saudi Arabia or any other Arab country to teach love and tolerance.

I'm tiredof being told I must lower my living standard to fight global warming, which no one is allowed to debate.

I'm tiredof being told that drug addicts have a disease, and I must help support and treat them, and pay for the damage they do. Did a giant germ rush out of a dark alley, grab them, and stuff white powder up their noses or stick a needle in their arm while they tried to fight it off?

I'm tiredof hearing wealthy athletes, entertainers and politicians of all parties talking about innocent mistakes, stupid mistakes or youthful mistakes, when we all know they think their only mistake was getting caught. I'm tired of people with a sense of entitlement, rich or poor.

I'm really tiredof people who don't take responsibility for their lives and actions. I'm tired of hearing them blame the government, or discrimination or big-whatever for their problems.

I'm also tired and fed up with seeing young men and women in their teens and early 20's be-deck them selves in tattoos and face studs, thereby making themselves un-employable and claiming money from the Government.

Yes, I'm damn tired. But I'm also glad to be 83. Because, mostly, I'm not going to have to see the world these people are making. I'm just sorry for my granddaughter and their children. Thank God I'm on the way out and not on the way in.

There is no way this will be widely publicized,

!x-usc:cid:3A29789B1C714A6FBBFCEDCE873D0080@ftroopchiefPC

" I'm 83 and I'm tired. If you don't forward this you are part of the problem".

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
haha Franc, I meant the piece.
I think the original author spoke of being 76.

Since the assignment is invalid, I'm suspecting the pertinent info is also suspect. It is an opinion piece, a rant, not a news item.

But the venting is on valid points I think many agree with.

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter

The author is Robert A. Hall, former Marine and US Senator; a lot of people are attributing the writings of Robert A. Hall,
ex-Marine, to Robert D. Hall, the actor who plays the coroner on CSI. (Franc, he might not want you taking credit. :whistling:)

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Robert Hall was a men's clothing store when I was a kid. We went there for suits when mom's daddy died.