• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

S.C. police claim "Assault Handgun" used to rob bank?

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
This just makes me angry. Look at the photos, read the short story.
090413113131_bank%20rob%20web%201.jpg

Image provided by Aiken Department of Public Safety​

090413113204_bank%20rob%20web%202.jpg

090413113250_bank%20rob%20web%203.jpg

Aiken (WLTX) - Aiken police are searching for a suspect who they say robbed a bank with an assault handgun.

Officers say around noon Friday, a suspect walked into the S.C. State Credit Union on Beaufort Street in Aiken.

According to investigators, the suspect was armed with what appears to be a Tec-9, a semi-automatic handgun. Officers say the man cursed at two tellers and threatened to shoot them both.

He then left the store with an undisclosed amount of money.

Officers have released surveillance photos of the suspect. Those images are attached to this article.

Anyone with information should call Crimestoppers at 1-888-CRIME-SC or text a tip to "CRIMES" with the message beginning with the term "TIPSC." Your identity remains anonymous.
"appears to be a Tec 9"

Those police are idiots.

Below is a Tec 9, it looks NOTHING like the gun in the photos above with the criminal.
tec9.jpg

The police spokesman needs to be bitchslapped to knock the anti-gun agenda out of his/her mouth. The lazy news reporter, who could have done a simple google image search, to prove the spokesman a liar needs to be bitchslapped for not doing his/her job.

Wannafish

Floppy Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Idiots. I wonder if they had used a knife instead if it would have been referred to as an "assault knife"...

It looks similiar to my 9mm Ruger.

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
The MSM will say anything to steer the sheeple where they want them to go!

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
I know the picture is kind of grainy and all, but the first thing that came to mind from the sillhouette was a Hi-Pointe...

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
The MSM will say anything to steer the sheeple where they want them to go!
Ah but that is the rub. The POLICE are the ones who TOLD the reporter that this was a Tec 9 "ASSAULT HANDGUN" it was not a term made up by the newspaper reporter. Now as far as I'm concerned the media is sleeping on the job, and that is probably one reason why so many newspapers are filing for bankruptcy. If reporters would point this idiocy out then I think the newspapers would gather a whole new level of respect from the readers. But that is just a dream.

... the first thing that came to mind from the sillhouette was a Hi-Pointe...
Yup, first gun that popped into my mind too.

ddrane2115

Charter Member
SUPER Site Supporter
This just makes me angry. Look at the photos, read the short story.
090413113131_bank%20rob%20web%201.jpg

090413113204_bank%20rob%20web%202.jpg

090413113250_bank%20rob%20web%203.jpg

"appears to be a Tec 9"

Those police are idiots.

Below is a Tec 9, it looks NOTHING like the gun in the photos above with the criminal.
tec9.jpg

The police spokesman needs to be bitchslapped to knock the anti-gun agenda out of his/her mouth. The lazy news reporter, who could have done a simple google image search, to prove the spokesman a liar needs to be bitchslapped for not doing his/her job.

you actually expect the media to do research? Now that is laughable, them $hit heads wont get their head out of their butts long enough to learn about the GOOD PEOPLE who have and respect guns.

ddrane2115

Charter Member
SUPER Site Supporter
what paper was this in, lets write to them with some pics of guns and see if they will respond. for the record when I was quoted once (wrongly) in my local paper I called the editor, bitch slapped him around some then he asked me to write the article, I did and he apologized at the end of the article. Dumb a$$ reporter was a pansy anyway, would not shoot one of our guns (trap meet).

I also once caught them in a lie or situation, they reported some Canandian antigunner said he could buy any gun he wanted at a local pawn shop, legally. I stopped them cold, he would not have a SS# so NO HE COULD NOT, since he was NOT a US citizen..........they apologized for that one too.........

benspawpaw

more likely than not it is a "WMS" of unknown caliber since most scumbags like the one in the pic dont own quality assault handguns o by the way "WMS" stands for

wal mart special:yum:

sorry couldnt help myself there goes that smartass itch again had to scratch it:w00t2:

ddrane2115

Charter Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Sir,

The handgun used in the robbery and subsequently pictured is NOT NOT NOT a Tec 9. It is not an assault pistol, never really heard of that till your paper printed what police there have told you……….shame on them for not knowing their guns. It appears to be some form of semi-auto pistol, the kind you will find on any police officer/shooter/range master in the US. I find it absurd that first your police use this term for a handgun that resembles what they carry, second that you as journalist don’t do some due diligence and google the Tec 9 for a pic of one to determine the validity of the statements made.

I am totally and completely for gun control at the retail level, background checks, to include mental histories, criminal histories, etc. I also totally support LONG prison terms for those that supply, use or in anyway illegally have interaction, (ie:selling privately to known criminals) in the committing of a crime with a gun. I opposed private sales totally, and support private sale only thru a registered firearms dealer. I am also for the right to carry, with the correct checks being done previous to being offered a concealed or open carry permit. I know for fact that a gun in the hands of a responsible, mindful, and properly trained person can and would suppress or stop some criminals, even to the extreme of killing them before they kill others.

Since I see you are a Gannett company let me use something from my neck of the woods. Standard Gravure, used to a company here owned by Courier Journal, a paper Gannett now owns. A distraught man went in there with 2 pistols (what you called assault pistols would work for these). He was able to purchase them over the counter, no background check at the time. IF ONE PERSON, the guard he did not kill, the person at the front desk he did shoot, but not kill, had been legally able to carry they could have stopped several others from being killed. MAYBE just MAYBE the event would not have happened at all IF the assailant had KNOWN he could be killed for even trying………….showing a weapon etc. Criminals are not dumb, they KNOW that the laws covering firearms work FOR them, they know the majority of people will NOT be protected, even in the least bit.

In closing let me say I love the signs on doors, no firearms………advertisement to the robber, safe shelter here, no one can shoot me!

Respectfully submitted,

Got off the news a bit, but sent this to the editor

ddrane2115

Charter Member
SUPER Site Supporter
more likely than not it is a "WMS" of unknown caliber since most scumbags like the one in the pic dont own quality assault handguns o by the way "WMS" stands for

wal mart special:yum:

sorry couldnt help myself there goes that smartass itch again had to scratch it:w00t2:

Very cool, the WMS here would be muzzle loader, all they sell in our area

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
Very cool, the WMS here would be muzzle loader, all they sell in our area

well, according to the mayor of NYC, that black powder rifle your Wal-Mart sells is an anti-aircraft capable .50 caliber sniper rifle...

ddrane2115

Charter Member
SUPER Site Supporter
figure this out, NYC has the most gun laws besides WDC, and has the largest crime rate also............more residents and citizens unarmed, so the criminals fourish. Arm a bunch of the citizens, allow them to shoot the bastards before the bastards kill and see what happens...........in other words, he is a friggin no brain, no balls, idiot