• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

A "New" IMP for This Guy

sheep_mtn

GOLD Site Supporter
Well, it is a quite a day as we just purchased our first snowcat. As a former groomer I knew I would own one someday, and that day finally came! We picked up this 1404 in Utah with 760 hours on it. Runs and drives great. We'll take her on her maiden voyage to our cabin tomorrow - more pics to come. Thanks to everyone on this forum for all of your technical knowledge, advice and expertise!

Checking out the drive sprockets and tracks.
picture.php

Taking her for a spin - all smiles.
picture.php

Sealing the deal with the former owner - hell of a guy!
picture.php

A few really nice Sprytes at the trailhead.
picture.php

Bringing 'er home!
picture.php

Cidertom

Chionophile
GOLD Site Supporter
Welcome to the group. You have now experienced one of the two happy days as a cat owner.

Have fun, stay safe

sheep_mtn

GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks guys. Looking forward to the journey and making some improvements to the cat. Will post some more pics soon.

clairpierce

I know that cat well. He is my neighbor at our cabin, I have built and run cats in that area for years. The pics of the cats are all my neighbors we have about 2' of snow on the flats. Very cold weekend but the snowmobiling this weekend was great. Clair

Helmsman38

Member Formerly Known As Kristi KT7
GOLD Site Supporter
Great looking cat ! Nice for a trailer ride to Leavenworth Wa for the Snow Cat Jamboree in February ????? Welcome to the group

sheep_mtn

GOLD Site Supporter
Here's a few pics from the maiden run up to the cabin yesterday. We ran from 8000' up to 11,100' over 5 miles, at an average speed of 3.5 mph. Not setting any speed records, but that's not the point, right?

Warming up at the trailhead:
picture.php

Up at 11,100' by the cabin:
picture.php

A little champagne toast:
picture.php

On the way back down:
picture.php

Widening out the road a bit. Part of the reason we chose this cat was due to our very narrow access road:
picture.php

The wife's view:
picture.php

Northcoast

GOLD Site Supporter
Very nice. Congrats! May want to consider a sled to tow,really helps to haul gear when friends come.

sheep_mtn

GOLD Site Supporter
Giving her a tune-up this week. New distributor cap and points, spark plugs/ wires, air filter, oil changes (motor, diff & transmission). She also got a new gas filler hose because the old one had a crack at the neck of the tank. Could barely breath due to the fumes before. The tank is actually buried in the frame next to the drive shaft with an access hatch between the seats. Pretty slick. Also building a custom ski rack....I will post pics of it as I move along.

jp11

Skip the points.. go electronic. I got a pertronix on eBay for short money.

fit right in pretty easy. No monkeying with it ever again.

JP