• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

sonw trac is flooded at tower

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I had it parked yesterday for several hours and fuel fill the cylinders . I blew that out and started it and noticed the case was full also. it was run about 2 minutes so I hope it is ok.
were going back in a couple days and change oil and drive it out.
so it is going to spend Christmas at a tower.
oh,i do have an easy fuel disconnect but didn't use it.
DSC01176.jpg
[/IMG]
DSC01151.jpg
[/IMG]
I did take a selfie
DSC01170.jpg
[/IMG]

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
the generator replacement crew had a PB scout.We hitched a ride out with them.
DSC01164.jpg
[/IMG]

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
this is why I hate mounting the tank above the engine my final project is to build a new aluminum tank and stick it back under the seat where it belongs. other wise don't forget to use the ball valve on the tank

Helmsman38

Member Formerly Known As Kristi KT7
GOLD Site Supporter
this is why I hate mounting the tank above the engine my final project is to build a new aluminum tank and stick it back under the seat where it belongs. other wise don't forget to use the ball valve on the tank

Thats what my DMC had Ball valve.. worked like a charm as long as you used it.

Jim if your float ball was stuck dumping fuel a carb rebuild might be in order ?

mbsieg

awful member
GOLD Site Supporter
This is what is inline on a 1986 lmc 1200. Line runs in the normaly closed ports, apply 12v to it and valve opens. Auuto fuel shutoff. Just plug unused port.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-12-24-20-34-33.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-12-24-20-34-33.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 273

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
we had to navigate several large drifts. some looked to be 12ft.
I changed oil ,dusted off the engine from the snow blowing in the grill and drove it out.
the nasty drifts were the only problem.
DSC01185.jpg

DSC01184.jpg

DSC01188.jpg

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Feels good to get it going and off the hill. When starting a rig that has snow around the engine, I pay attention to the snow on the V belt pulleys and the inside of the V belts.

The fuel in the L/O probably made it drain out when cold. Think I wood run it to temp and drain and fill again, cheep insurance.