• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Sears.Com + In-Vehicle Pickup = Easy Shopping for Grumpy Shoppers

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Its probably been a decade since I actually shopped at Sears.

Sears stores are typically located in shopping malls. I detest going to a shopping mall. Hence I don't shop at Sears.

I used to shop at the Sears Hardware Store. It was a small stand-alone hardware store, located next to 3 big-box style home good stores. Loved it. The plumbing department was staffed by a real plumber. Electrical dept was staffed by an electrician. Etc. I could go in there, get what I needed, get advice on how to install it, and get out without having to visit a "home center" and deal with the crowds or, worse yet, without having to go to the mall.

Sadly our local Sears Hardware Store closed a few years ago.

About 2 weeks ago I discovered Sears In-Vehicle Pickup combined with Sears.com. I'm probably late to this party.

But it has made shopping for Sears Craftsman tools easy again. I do have to drive to the mall, but I don't have to fight the crowds or grief or ever get out of the car. They have designated spots, pull in the spot, hit a button on their "app" on your smart phone and, guaranteed within 5 minutes, a guy will walk out to your vehicle, load your stuff for you, and off you drive without any grief.

They do have free shipping on SOME items, etc so they have some way to compete with Amazon, but its not quite as good. But if you WANT IT TODAY they have the IN VEHICLE PICK UP option that is great. I'm seeing this as available at more than just Sears but I've always been a fan of CRAFTSMAN hand tools, garage door openers, etc.

50 years ago I waiting for the mailman to bring the Sears WISHBOOK and the annual Sears & Robucks Catalogues. I'm a customer of Sears again, thanks to their website. They should have done this 10 years ago.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Bob, I hate to tell you this but going to a Sears store in a mall, you'll not be fighting many crowds. For the first time in countless years, I actually went to the Sears in our local mall last year. It was deserted. Even the sales assistants were hard to find. The mall itself was almost as deserted. I don't know how those stores can actually stay in business. The answer is that they can't. The occupancy rate wasn't very high. It was still bright, clean and tidy … just empty.

We still have a small, satellite Sears store in our little town and I love it. It's business has dropped drastically over the past couple of years too, I don't know how much longer it'll be there.