• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Snowcat injury

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Well not my first time most likely not my last. Driving a cat today with a blade
That came in yesterday on a test drive blade down in float position moving about
6-8 mph was all caught the the edge of a concrete apron stopped me dead I did a forehead plant into a overhead gage, well after several hours the bleeding has stopped! Just about blacked out, lost the feeling in left arm briefly it came back
I think I will be sore tomorrow , let it be a learning lesson for all :ermm:

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
I remember the grader operators plowing snow when they would find man hole covers that had heaved.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Well not my first time most likely not my last. Driving a cat today with a blade
That came in yesterday on a test drive blade down in float position moving about
6-8 mph was all caught the the edge of a concrete apron stopped me dead I did a forehead plant into a overhead gage, well after several hours the bleeding has stopped! Just about blacked out, lost the feeling in left arm briefly it came back
I think I will be sore tomorrow , let it be a learning lesson for all :ermm:

I bet your sore tomarrow...

Glad your not in the hospital though. 6-8 mph with a blade is a bit fast for a zero stop in a millisecond.. Me thinks you kinda knew better.

Best wishes for no lasting effects, and a Merry Christmas with little facial damage.... Hope you don't need a chiropractor..

Regards, Kirk

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Hey boogie,

Best thoughts for a good recovery. When my kids were little and they hurt themselves, I would tell them that it will feel better once it stops hurting.
Hope Santa treats you well, Merry Christmas.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Hit a manhole cover plowing snow with an F350 dump years ago. I bent the steering wheel and the old guy snoozing on the passenger side face planted the dash and broke his glasses. Wrecked the hell out of the plow frame. Quick stops are nasty.

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Well, glad to report I can feel my arm and turn my neck so most all is good
Other than a bloody gauze stuck to my forehead seems All not that bad. :smile:
But maybe the Bourbon is not gone from the system yet :whistling:

Hope all of the rest of you have a safe, and Merry Christmas !

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
Hope you recover quick, B. !

Trip edges are for weenies ??? LOL

I've wacked my knees hard on a dashboard. Not fun.

undy

Bones heal and chicks dig scars.

You need no further justification for doing all kinds of stupid stuff. Trust me.

It's why I still ski.