• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What's for Dinner Tonight?

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
For dessert, a little candy. Homemade Mounds Bars and Peanut Clusters.

candy.jpg

MrLiberty

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
Finally finishing the left over corned beef and cabbage from Sunday. I love my corned beef and cabbage, but after 5 days I'll be glad it's gone until next year. :clap:

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Moist pork chop, potatoes fried with peppers & onions in bacon grease, and vegetable medley.

Attachments

• Dinner 031915.jpg
    Dinner 031915.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 189

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
Crappy spaghetti & sausages. I had it already cooking and could not find my strainer. Without the strainer I had a mushy mess. Sausages were good so I saved a couple of them to eat with canned ravioli or something. I sure wish I remembered where the heck that strainer is.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Crappy spaghetti & sausages. I had it already cooking and could not find my strainer. Without the strainer I had a mushy mess. Sausages were good so I saved a couple of them to eat with canned ravioli or something. I sure wish I remembered where the heck that strainer is.

Did you use it to clean the litter box?
j/k...:hide::yankchain:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
:yum: Oh yeah, my favorite for sure. That damn stuff is addicting. Makes an incredible grilled cheese too. :clap:
I know.
I bought some a while back and posted a picture of the cheese.
It's kinda pricey around here in the 'special cheese' section at my grocery store, but well worth it.

I'm pissed because we don't have curds available right now in the cold case next to the usual cheeses.
I fancy a plate of poutine sometime soon.

Umberto

I had Colombia River steelhead last night with a mix of gnocchi, Brussels sprouts and broccoli. The steelhead was excellent but the veg was overcooked and not good at all. You can bet they did't use Cabot for the cheese on the veg.:hammer:

IMG_4427.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

For an appy I had oysters on the half shell: kusshi and kumamoto. They were sweet and excellent.

IMG_4419.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
I know.
I bought some a while back and posted a picture of the cheese.
It's kinda pricey around here in the 'special cheese' section at my grocery store, but well worth it.

I'm pissed because we don't have curds available right now in the cold case next to the usual cheeses.
I fancy a plate of poutine sometime soon.

Poutine is very popular up here as we have a good size French Canadian population here. That is good stuff, as is most French Canadian dishes. :biggrin:

Umberto

Rainbow trout, wild rice and green beans... from Cracker Barrel.

Who knew Cracker Barrel had trout? I'll get back to trout fishing this year and have some ideas.

I made a veg marinara with zucchini, onions, and mushrooms and wasn't bad. I used a Mezzetta marinara and added more wine, basil, and parsley.

IMG_0723.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
After church we went to Schlotsky's for a sandwich, then to see American Sniper. I'm glad I read the book while on vacation, as the movie left out a lot of detail. But then, they only had 2 hours 12 minutes to tell the story that took two full days to read. No dry eyes in the theater at the end. Stopped for ice cream on the way home.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
croccantini- i get rosemary ones-; chevre, & sour cherry preserves.

dialing bartender-pal to see if she'll get me proscuitto. if not, i have a new-to-me parma berkshire guanciale. has a plethora of fat, tho not in an unpleasant way. salt prevails, as does its aging- very strong flavors. i'll say, i would buy another. soon.

Last edited:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I had good old baked beans on toast and a fried egg.
Antony Worrall Thompson was once on a cookery show in England and said the only way to properly prepare a can of baked beans was to add a T of butter and lots of black pepper.
I've done it that way ever since.

Ironman

McDonalds I'm loving it

I dined at big Daddy Macs diner. Sorry, this shit taste really feckin good (which means it's really bad for you, and I'll die before I hit 60).

Quarter pounder with cheese and a large fry. Hell yeah. :biggrin:

image.jpg
[/url]

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Re: McDonalds I'm loving it

I dined at big Daddy Macs diner. Sorry, this shit taste really feckin good (which means it's really bad for you, and I'll die before I hit 60).

image.jpg
[/url]

:yum:

I got a Big Mac last week.
The first one I'd had in a long time.
Must say it went down easy.
I do prefer the Big King at BK tho.
But that's not a restaurant here in town.

Ironman

:yum:

I got a Big Mac last week.
The first one I'd had in a long time.
Must say it went down easy.
I do prefer the Big King at BK tho.
But that's not a restaurant here in town.

BK has a KILLA burger, but I am addicted to those McDonalds french fries!

Hmmmm... Maybe I'll hit BK tomorrow night... :shifty:

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
bickering w/ my Mom. she & vinny're takin' me/family to dinner soon.

they know my disdain fer chain restaurants. so my Mom found 1 acceptable non-chain one.
they're not open when we were gonna dine, there.
so, onto other places.
1 was an Italian/Asian/American/Russian/etc. restaurant. 'Mom', says i...... 'you get that i'm a Chef. correct~.'
'yes, missy. i know you're a Chef'.
'then why would you pick places that have hundreds of menu items~ that is not a thriving place. that's a desperate place. yinz have cable. have you not seen those shows~'

i eventually said, ferget my kinda restaurant food. we'll swing thru an arby's & i'll bring a pop so we have not got to pay fer a fountain drink. (sarcasm.) then you can get on w/ your VIP career-stuff, & i'll head to a bar, where i'll get a beverage, on them, & order real food.'

we're Mother & daughter. we bicker. & we bicker often.

dinner tonight-- yesterday's dinner. cheese, crackers, & jam.

Umberto

As a chef, is there anything you consider a speciality you make and could share your expertise? I'm not a chef but love to make a trad paella and do a a bit of French Farmhouse type dishes.

I'm thinking it's time to do something again but will wait till the weather warms up and Lent over.

MrLiberty

Bronze Member
Site Supporter

image.jpg
[/url]

I had not had a big mac in years and as friend of mine said she was going and she'd get me one, with an apple pie on the side. Man those burgers sure did shrink and the apple pie is no longer deep fried I found out. It's no wonder that I don't go to these fast food joints, they suck. :hammer:

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Below zero again this morning :brows: so I decided to run the oven and bake some cookies. Oatmeal Raisin Cookies from the recipe on the cover of Quaker Oats. It's a good recipe.

2015-03-23 10.53.12.jpg

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Broccoli chicken stir fry with pineapple & fried rice. Side salad as well.
attachment.php

Umberto

Tonight it's leftover Steak and Guinness and the DIL brought two boxes of wings from Buffalo Wild Wings.