• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Melen came home for weekend. Last night we went out for steaks to a nice local eatery. She and the lovely Mrs_Bob will be going to manicures and a late lunch today while I go to a graduation party for one of my high school fencers.

Tonight we are going to have a simple dinner & TV night at the house. Have not had her home for a relaxing weekend in way too long of a time so its nice to see her for more than a quick dinner. Just sitting and having coffee with her this morning.

Tomorrow after church we'll probably sit around the pool until mid-afternoon chatting and relaxing. We have plans to go for an early Lake Perch Dinner about 3pm ... then drive her up to her apartment in Chicago so she is home about 5:30, in time to get her laundry done and get ready for her upcoming week. Early enough for us to get back home for a relaxing evening.

Howdy,
well, not much going on here today. Gonna go to a local farmers market to look for some green tomatoes. If we find them, we are gonna have FRIED GREEN TOMATOES!!!!!!!!!
Fried Green Tomatoes sound good. Haven't had them in too long. Hmmm ... now I've got a craving!

Ross 650

Site Supporter
Howdy,
well, bad news!!! No one had any tomatoes of any color!! Wrong time of the year. Maybe later in the fall. Will be waiting for em. Did get some jalapeno bread, some great salsa verde and Shiner beer jelly.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Other Grandma isn't much of a grandma.
She's not doing it.
However, Ali, Ty and the girls went grocery shopping.
How the hell she's going to hobble around the store with a walker while he manages those two wee ones is anyone's guess.

Not my problemo...
I stayed here to whip the house in shape.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
The ac unit for the first two floors ate a capacitor last week. So been running the upstairs ac at 70 and kept the recirc fan on downstairs. Got a new 5/55 cap and bought a new fan motor for the condenser too.
Works like a champ now.
Took all of ten minutes to replace both.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
We're having ac issues today as well with the camper. Took us a bit of reading but I think we have it sorted out. It's very humid outside and my wife likes the window open in the bedroom. Also the bathroom vent was open allowing humidity to freeze up the ac unit. We're under a heat advisory.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
We're having ac issues today as well with the camper. Took us a bit of reading but I think we have it sorted out. It's very humid outside and my wife likes the window open in the bedroom. Also the bathroom vent was open allowing humidity to freeze up the ac unit. We're under a heat advisory.

Change the filters and inspect the evaporator. Clean the evaporator if you can get to it.
But ya, chilling the entire outside is Big deal.

zekeusa

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Haircut this morning.

Going to put things back together on the lawn mower and finish it up today. Yesterday welded the deck, then sandblasted and POR 15 the underside. Today put the wheels and drivetrain back together and get her running. Most folks don't spend this much time and money on a 15 year old mower, but this one is a 2 cycle Lawn Boy and they do not have 2 stroke engines anymore thanx for the butt hole EPA.

Fix the old mower is better than buying a new one! It will go another 15 years!!

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Missed church. I took a 1/2 of an Ambien about 3:30am to get back to sleep. It did its job. I'm still groggy. I hate when I miss church.

We have Melen home for the weekend, today we plan to sit by the pool, then go out for a late lunch, and after lunch drive her back to her Chicago apartment to get here there late afternoon.

If the grass is dried enough after the rain from last night I will mow the "dog yard" because that is the one area of the lawn that I didn't get to before the rains started a few days ago. Looking pretty raggedy in there with too tall grass.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Making plans to move out of here next month.
Can't do this anymore.
I HAVE to be independent again.
No question about it.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Sorry to hear things aren’t working out :(

It's her thinking I am her personal maid, housekeeper and lady in waiting.
Not going to take it anymore.

That has been the cause of many arguments between her and my son.
When he's here ohhh all the sudden she's up and doing things. When he's gone all day working, all she does is sleep, Facebook, knit and bark out orders.
I'll be leaving next month and she's not too happy.
Tough shit.

I feel.this is the right decision for me.
I'll not mention it again on this forum until I am settled and happy in my new place, once again independent.

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter

When he's here ohhh all the sudden she's up and doing things. When he's gone all day working, all she does is sleep, Facebook, knit and bark out orders.
Tough shit.

I'll not mention it again on this forum until I am settled and happy in my new place, once again independent.
:thumbup: Good for you. Hard decision to make but it's the right one.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Church this morning. Teen Challenge paid us a visit. What an outstanding organization that is. Great work helping folks get off drugs. They are expanding and building a house for women. Awesome.

Then I washed the truck and that was it for outside as the heat is building again for today and tomorrow. :hammer:

Nap time. :thumbup:

rugerman

I am riding out a arthritis flare, it’s playing musical joints, started in my right knee, moved to my left knee, now it’s attacking my right shoulder, started a steroid dose pack yesterday hoping for some relief in a day or two. Took a lortab 10 this morning, didn’t touch the pain just constipated the hell out of me, damned if you do damned if you don’t.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Ali has another therapy session this afternoon.
So, I'll be here with the girls of course.
Today I feel strangely lucid, relieved and a bit sad.
It's okay tho.
:smile:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Went on a fossil hunt with my grandson yesterday. Near Pevely MO is a cliff on I-55 with soft limestone chock full of fossilized animals, sea shells and plants.

Messy business though. My pickup is full of mud, muck and strange insects. And the freight bed is worse.

Today I'm running to Columbia MO to work on a Chinese packaging machine. $12K US for a machine that ought to cost $40K out of the USA or Europe. No instructions and the schematic is in Mandarin.

And no local support tech.

I hate the damn things but,,, it is a favor for a vendor/customer.

Ross 650

Site Supporter
Howdy,
you hang in there P.G. Just remember that it is always darkest just before day light!!!! Hoping the best for ya!!!!!! Have a goodun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter

Tough shit.

Sorry to hear this Lollie. You seemed, before, to have found your place.

I get it with being abused by the younger ones. Not the grand kids but adults who should know better.

We have two teenage girls and a tween boy keep one pretty busy. But their grandma does most of the hosting.

I'm just the cook.

Oh well.

BTW;
I only have internet at the office this summer. With my grand son, grand daughter and her friend, living with us, I had to give up may computer and home office. So I miss all the weekend traffic here.

WIFI at the marina but I keep forgetting my laptop.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Franc, that was then.
This is now.
It's not my son, it's not the Granddaughters.
It's her.
They aren't even married yet and it's been 4 years.
He's told me 3 times since I've been here that he is never going to marry her.
What does that tell you?
Besides, he's still married to Aimee legally.
There is more to that which I cannot and will not share here.
There is also an 11 year age difference.
He's mature as a 35 y/o man should be.
She's of the "snowflake" generation.
Everybody owes her SOMETHING.
She's never wrong, knows it all and can't even raise her children properly.
I don't call sleeping all day, declaring " I am not some Suzy Homemaker, doesn't want to work etc etc etc a productive member of society, nevermind a good mother to my grandkids.
She sure had me fooled the first couple of months I was here.
Then I caught on real fast.
This environment isn't healthy.
At all.
But I'll endure until I'm no longer here.
Besides, I'll only be like less than 20 miles away.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Going to be hot today. Mid 90's and muggy. I have an appointment with a mechanic about the fuel pump on my truck. I seem to be losing fuel pressure when the truck sits overnight. Back flow preventer is bad I would suspect from years of ethanol gas. I do most of the work on my truck but this is above my pay grade. Without a lift, no desire to lay on my back and attempt to drop the fuel tank to get to the pump.

Too old for that shit. :yum:

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Out the door at 6AM to lug a ton of pellets. Sunny and 57 degrees. Temp felt great. Came in, ate breakfast and watched some news. Now going to do some mowing. Feels good to be busy today. :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.