• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Amazon shopper shocked over massive box used to mail small item

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Amazon shopper shocked over massive box used to mail small item
By Alex Shipman, SWNS | Fox News

http://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/20...over-massive-box-used-to-mail-small-item.html

An online shopper was shocked when a small item she ordered from Amazon was delivered in a box so big she can fit inside.

The 4 feet by 2 feet cardboard box was for a small boom pole ‒ used to hold a microphone ‒ that was hidden inside with 30 feet of paper.

The RØDE Micro Lightweight Boompole lengthens to 6.5 feet but is just 2 feet long unextended. It also comes wrapped in plastic packaging.

Buyer Jade Nightscales, 26, said: “I just couldn’t believe the amount that came with it.

“The boom pole is so small — it was a bit of a needle in a haystack type job.

“It seems strange that they’d use this much wrapping but I’ll get it recycled for sure.”

Nightscales, who is 5 feet 1 inch tall, added: “I had to go one step further and climb inside because I knew I would fit.”

An Amazon spokesperson said: “We continue to pursue multiyear waste reduction initiatives – e-commerce ready packaging and Amazon Frustration-Free Packaging – to promote easy-to-open, 100 percent recyclable packaging and to ship products in their own packages without additional shipping boxes.

“Such efforts also seek to eliminate hard plastic ‘clamshell’ cases and the plastic-coated wire ties commonly used in toy packaging.

“These initiatives have grown to include more than 1.2 million products over time and have eliminated more than 36,000 tons of excess packaging just in 2015.”

Attachments

• 9A3D2E0B-1381-414D-BAEB-AF1E3EBE4BA6.jpg
    9A3D2E0B-1381-414D-BAEB-AF1E3EBE4BA6.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 124

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I do find that odd. I've always found Amazon's packaging to be very appropriate for the products. I just received a trailer jack and the box isn't 1/5 of the box pictured in the OP.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
I've had that happen tons of times. Even a little packet of batteries will be in a box 100 times bigger. Their algorithm has a few glitches.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I had that happen just last week. HUGE box stuffed with paper for a pair of shoes. Oh well. Free shipping. Shoes cost me $45 us. Would have been close to $200 up here.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
I had that happen just last week. HUGE box stuffed with paper for a pair of shoes. Oh well. Free shipping. Shoes cost me $45 us. Would have been close to $200 up here.

Man, that is some high price spread up there north of the border. No wonder the Quebers hit the outlet stores down here like a pack of hungry wolves. :yum::yum::yum:

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter

We get a lot of Amazon boxes that are more air filled plastic bags than merchandise.

I ordered an oil filter, air filter, and spark plug for one of the generators last week. Got one box with the filters that would easily have held 3 or 4 of each. The spark plug came separate in a padded 11x17 envelope :yum:

Return address on both packages was the same.

Good deal though. Like Brian, free shipping and cost a little more then 1/2 of what the Generac dealer in town charged me last year.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
That's why I do most shopping on ebay or Amazon. Most of the time it's free shipping to the border. And generally prices are only 1/4 of what they are here.