• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Looking to buy a Nodwell 60

Trackrig

I've been using RN110 Nodwells for a number of years. I'm now looking to move to a smaller version, the Nodwell 60 so I can haul them with a smaller truck. They're also easier to work on. These can also known as Flextrac F60s or Canadaair Flextrac CF 60s. They're all basically the same, just depending on who had ownership of the company and the year they were made.

As to be expected they've been updated over the years. They've come with a variety of engines: Ford straight 6s, Ford 391 V8s, Gimmy or Detroit Diesel 353 and 453s and I'm sure there's a few other engines. I would prefer to have the 391 Ford Industrial V8. I'm getting tired of listening to the 453 in my 110. It's a 13 hour trip in and out of our hunting area.

The suspensions have either coil springs wrapped around the axles or they have walking beam suspensions. I much prefer the walking beam suspension - no springs to break and change.........

On the rear ends there were at least two of them. I want the T16 rear end. Hydrostatic drive is available on the newer ones, but those are far out of my price range.

For tracks, most of them have D-dent cleats which I'd prefer. A few of them have the flat or tundra cleats which I would accept.

As for the cab, there are lots of versions. I don't really want the 5 - 6 man cab, but I'd take one. There's the standard two man cab that I'd take. What I'd prefer is what they call a 3-man cab. This is sort of like a pick-up truck club cab meaning there's room behind the driver's seat. On the passenger side, the main seat is back against the back wall AND, there is sort of jump seat mounted down below the passenger's front windshield that folds either down or up. This gives you a slightly more roomy cab and you can haul three people if needed.

On the transmission, there are some Allison transmissions behind the Gimmy engines. Preference is the five speed behind the 391.

Let me know if you know of any for sale.

Thanks,

Bill
trackrig@gmail.com
Cell 907/244-0007

Attachments

• PICT0947.jpg
    PICT0947.jpg
    173.9 KB · Views: 433

bill w

there is a 60 on the anch c/l today. no price but they don't come up for sale very often. Bill w

Trackrig

Well, I bought a 60. It rather funny, but it's only one serial number off from my brother's machine that's pictured above. It will need new tracks, drive sprockets and other work done to it, but it should be a good machine. I posted another post about needing info on the T16 rear ends in the 60s. If anyone has information or parts, I'd appreciate hearing from you.

Bill
trackrig@gmail.com

Trackrig

Put new rubber and sprockets on the 60 I bought and took it out on the Rex Trail. It was a good trial run for the machine even if the trail was pretty dry this year.

If anyone has a 6-lug rim, preferably with a foam filled tire or D-dent grousers, let me know.

Bill
trackrig@gmail.com
C 907/244-0007