• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Snowcats to the rescue

PJL

Last night we had a call to rescue 11 folks stranded on a forest service road with 5 stuck vehicles. Temps were in the low 20's and people were getting cold.

My cat is still healing from it's broken cam gear. Made a few calls. JimVT came up and GSSD06 let us use his Imp. The snowmobiles and Jeeps got there first but we did load 4 very cold folks into the Imp for the ride back down the hill.

Turning into a very busy winter up here in the Washington Cascades.

I did take some cell phone pics but too dark and blurry to be any good.

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I should have taken one of 6 people in the super imp that was full of gear.
my snow trac may have been more useful for hauling people.

Last edited:

Helmsman38

Member Formerly Known As Kristi KT7
GOLD Site Supporter
Last night we had a call to rescue 11 folks stranded on a forest service road with 5 stuck vehicles. Temps were in the low 20's and people were getting cold.

My cat is still healing from it's broken cam gear. Made a few calls. JimVT came up and GSSD06 let us use his Imp. The snowmobiles and Jeeps got there first but we did load 4 very cold folks into the Imp for the ride back down the hill.

Turning into a very busy winter up here in the Washington Cascades.

I did take some cell phone pics but too dark and blurry to be any good.

Nothing like a friendly snow cat owner with a reliable cat to come to the rescue ! Wonder if they will make a donation.