• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Donald Trump: ‘I Am Considering a Veto of the Omnibus Spending Bill’

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Donald Trump: ‘I Am Considering a Veto of the Omnibus Spending Bill’
by CHARLIE SPIERING23 Mar 2018

http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...trump-considering-veto-omnibus-spending-bill/

President Donald Trump announced on Twitter on Friday that he was considering a veto of the omnibus spending bill.

“I am considering a VETO of the Omnibus Spending Bill based on the fact that the 800,000 plus DACA recipients have been totally abandoned by the Democrats (not even mentioned in Bill) and the BORDER WALL, which is desperately needed for our National Defense, is not fully funded,” Trump wrote on Twitter on Friday morning.

Trump’s statement counters his White House budget director Mick Mulvaney, who told reporters yesterday that the president would sign the bill, even though it was not perfect.

“Let’s cut right to the chase: Is the President going to sign the bill? The answer is yes,” Mulvaney said on Thursday.

But the president appears to have second thoughts after the bloated $1.3 trillion spending package passed the Senate in the middle of the night. Many members of Congress already leaving Washington, DC for their break or on foreign travel.

Trump has repeatedly questioned the bill’s failure to fund the wall, frustrated that Democrats refused to budge on his funding priority.

I am considering a VETO of the Omnibus Spending Bill based on the fact that the 800,000 plus DACA recipients have been totally abandoned by the Democrats (not even mentioned in Bill) and the BORDER WALL, which is desperately needed for our National Defense, is not fully funded.

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) March 23, 2018

DACA was abandoned by the Democrats. Very unfair to them! Would have been tied to desperately needed Wall.

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) March 23, 2018

On Wednesday, House Speaker Paul Ryan traveled to the White House with Sen. Minority Leader Mitch McConnell to discuss the bill, and felt comfortable that they had the president’s support.

“The President supports this bill. There’s no two ways about it,” Ryan said on Thursday.

Attachments

• 1425BBA0-516D-463B-BB13-1ECA1EBE4FEA.jpeg
    1425BBA0-516D-463B-BB13-1ECA1EBE4FEA.jpeg
    65.2 KB · Views: 22

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Republicans Blast Spending Bill
Leah Barkoukis Leah Barkoukis|Posted: Mar 23, 2018 7:33 AM

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/leahbarkoukis/2018/03/23/republicans-blast-spending-bill-n2463968

Congress passed a $1.3 trillion omnibus early Friday morning, averting a government shutdown but irking many Republicans in the process.

However the legislation, which was supported by GOP leadership, completely ignores the long-term fiscal health of the country—a point discussed by many more than just Sen. Rand Paul this time.

“It just boggles my mind that we continue to spend at a level that’s no different than the last three or four years of the Obama administration,” said Rep. Mark Walker (R-N.C.), chair of the Republican Study Committee caucus.

“We’re codifying levels never seen before, an upward trend in government spending, that should give all of us pause,” said House Freedom Caucus member Mark Sanford (R-S.C.).

Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-Texas) likewise disapproved, calling the 2,232-page bill “a disaster” ahead of the vote.

“It’s the very thing that we belittled Nancy Pelosi over, when she said ‘we have to pass the bill to see what’s in it,’” he said. “You have a 2,200-page bill . . . and you got 24 hours, maybe 36 — it’s just, it’s insane. It’s no way to govern.”

Sen. Rand Paul was especially vocal in his opposition.

“Victory for conservatives today is that all of America now knows what a budget busting bomb this bill is. Hopefully, today’s battle will embolden conservatives to descend on Congress and demand Constitutional government,” the Kentucky Republican said after tweeting out information from 600 pages of the bill.

Rep. Mike Conaway (R-Ill.) blamed Senate rules requiring more than a simple majority to pass spending bills for why the spending got out of control.

“If we had a simple majority in the Senate like we do in the House, on appropriations bills only, the spending would not be this high,” he said. “As long as there’s a 60-vote threshold on appropriations, I don’t see how we ever resolve the spending issues or the budget as a whole.”

Management and Budget Director Mick Mulvaney used that reasoning as well.

“We do not control the Senate,” Mulvaney said, “So we had to give Democrats something. … We had to give away things we didn’t want to give away.”

rugerman

I would love to see that, Trump is a master negotiator, this should move his agenda forward and I hope get his (our) wall fully funded and built and get this country on the correct page.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I would love to see that, Trump is a master negotiator, this should move his agenda forward and I hope get his (our) wall fully funded and built and get this country on the correct page.

He is playing the dems again with DACA. Whatever they do they are going to look bad for one part of their base or the other.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Wonder if Trump has heard of a line item veto?
Mike
That was taken away under Bush.

Trump should VETO the bill because it 's passage of spending on programs he is against were aimed by the Elites of the GOP and the Dems to challenge his campaign promises.

Trump was elected because he promised the wall, he promised to defund Planned Parenthood and sanctuary cities.

No taxpayer who objects to the abortion industry should be forced to pay for it.

DACA is a whole nuther issue and the poison pill it represents should be spit back into the face of both the Dems and the GOP.