• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Snow Trac Suspension Advice

SnowTrac Hunter

Thoughts on removing the old bogie-wheel/spring suspension, and replacing with torsion axles and bigger tires?

I am not a purist, just looking at functionality and ease of acquiring parts. Seems like it is hard to come by the old parts needed to maintain suspension as it currently is. Thankfully I was able to have help from Don and Steve this time around.

I have included a pic of the Snow Trac being sold in Fairbanks as an illustration.

Thoughts???

Attachments

• SnowTrac w Torsion Axles.jpg
    SnowTrac w Torsion Axles.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 367

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
I would not do it to any axle except to replace badly fatigued front rocker assembly's the ride quality will suffer if you get rid of the walking beam suspension used with the little bogies just drive a snow trac and a bombi you can feel the difference in your ass