• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Good Guy with gun stops school shooter!

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
This was a "Gun Free" Zone. In the state of Maryland!!!!
I hope the Good Guy with a Gun is not in trouble.

If so, the media will likely exploit it over praise for his good shepherd duty.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
This was a "Gun Free" Zone. In the state of Maryland!!!!
I hope the Good Guy with a Gun is not in trouble.

If so, the media will likely exploit it over praise for his good shepherd duty.

Of course. I see the headlines on CNN now.

RADICAL NRA MEMBER SHOOTS SCHOOL SHOOTER VIOLATING GUN FREE ZONE LAWS. ACLU AND SOUTHERN POVERTY LAW CENTER TO INVESTIGATE IF SCHOOL SHOOTERS CIVIL RIGHTS WERE VIOLATED. FILM AT 11. :yum:

rugerman

Around here a resource officer is a police officer who does stuff like DARE and taking care of unruly kids or other problem folks.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Unlike a certain Florida School Resource Officer we all know. :whistling:

Yeah, no joke huh? A resource officer shows all of us how to get the job done and done right. I hope Donald gives this guy the Medal of Freedom, firstly because of the children he saved and secondly, to rub it in the liberals noses.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Around here a resource officer is a police officer who does stuff like DARE and taking care of unruly kids or other problem folks.
Seems to vary wildly by area.

Resource officer at the local high school is a uniformed/armed police officer.

Resource officer at the high school where my wife is a teacher is more of an overweight Barney Fife security guy with a walkie talkie. Not sure if he is armed.

At the high school where my daughter attended they had armed security, inside the building.

GlacierSean

SUPER Site Supporter
My local and very liberal news would usually report on a school shooting as it's top story and they would say stuff like "another school shooting" and "the gun violence epidemic in this country". But this one wasn't even in their first 10 stories today. And it only got about 30 seconds. Guess they couldn't make this one fit their narrative.

rugerman

Melensdad here the resource officer is a uniformed officer who is armed and he even drives a police car with DARE stickers on it.