• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Foam filled tires

snowcatt

Anybody considering foam filling there rear tires .do it
I did mine and I’m glad I did
I blew a rim 20 miles in the bush and was able to driveback to the road
Was a good day in the bush
Have fun

Attachments

• 4BE125AE-F85B-453B-A2FD-FFD946CCE105.jpg
    4BE125AE-F85B-453B-A2FD-FFD946CCE105.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 301
  • 2B93B228-D973-4544-9242-2852F3EFF31D.jpg
    2B93B228-D973-4544-9242-2852F3EFF31D.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 295

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
im not sold on them I have had more foam filled tire failures than I ever had with pneumatic tires on my snow trac. I have a bunch now look like crap I have also had them fall apart and cause the track to come off, eventually I want to go all urethane.

BearGap

GOLD Site Supporter
I just had a 4.80 x 8 urethane filled on my 1450. It took 30 lbs. That would add up on a bigger rig, but the only way to go for sure

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
im not sold on them I have had more foam filled tire failures than I ever had with pneumatic tires on my snow trac. I have a bunch now look like crap I have also had them fall apart and cause the track to come off, eventually I want to go all urethane.

I can relate to that. On my Snow Trac I have had failures from the goo not staying solid, and from looseness caused by not being filled completely or with voids. Foam filling is not good for the over all weight of the machine either. Weight is the enemy of a Snow cat no matte what type. How ever for the tall rear wheel, I have to say it makes some sense. I wish I had a spare rim for that rear wheel, so I could have a spare made up..

Find a shop that you KNOW does foam filling the right way. I am convinced some who claim to be able to, are not any good at it.

Regards, Kirk

- I started changing the rubber tires on my Snowtrac to caster wheels - worked better than the rubber - still thought the design for the wheels was designed for trouble

KickerM

Site Supporter
GOLD Site Supporter
Has anyone tried Laminated Tires like off of a brush mower? Or would the grouser bars split them apart? I’m considering them but hopefully someone has some advice out there...

7dcd296bef3f6c646bb5b8dc29aab605.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

snowcatt

I forget to mention
Make sure you have the rims sand blasted and powder coated or painted
With 2 part epoxy before you get the tires on and foamed that way any moisture
That gets between the tire and rim won’t cause it to rust

Have fun