• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Kitchen Faucets - Brizo ???

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
The lovely Mrs_B is looking at a new kitchen faucet to go with her new counter tops.

She found a brand called Brizo. Anyone have a clue about this brand? I'm still trying to figure out if it is made by Delta or if it is imported by Delta? It seems to have a good warrenty, but a warrenty is not a guarantee!

She likes the Brizo Venuto in brushed stainless & black finish from the Kitchen Collection.

http://www.brizofaucet.com/

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
Right from the website you provided.....

Crafted by Delta Faucet

Along with style, Brizo brings you the added confidence of being crafted by Delta Faucet Company.

Brizo blurs the line between fashion and faucets to deliver exactly what discerning customers are looking for -- distinctive designs and elegant styling that make a personal fashion and design statement in their homes.

Brizo is the premium brand of faucets and related accessories from Delta Faucet Company, a leader in innovation and technology in the plumbing industry.

Delta Faucet Company (Masco Corp. of Indiana) is a division of Masco Corporation, the largest U.S. manufacturer of residential commercial faucets. The market-leading Delta line is one of the most recognized faucet brands on the market and offers high-quality stylish products that enhance the experience of everyday life.

Masco Corporation, is home to other well-known brands including Damixa and Hansgrohe faucets, Kraftmaid and Merillat cabinets, Aqua Glass tubs and shower enclosures, Hot Springs spas, Liberty Hardware, Ginger decorative products, Behr and Kilz paints, as well as specialty products such as Milgard windows.

OkeeDon

Junkman said:
Please explain to me what the difference is except for the spelling....
Many, many years ago I worked for a Volvo/Saab dealer in Lowell, Massachusetts. This was back in the day of the last gasps (pun intended) of the 3 cylinder, 2 stroke Saab engine. These engines had a definite propensity to seize up. Idle them too long, seized in 50,000 miles. Hole in the muffler, 50K miles and locked up. Don't keep them tuned up, you could get 50 thousand miles. Some people ran them forever, but they either had perfect maintenance or were lucky as heck.

When they introduced the V4 4-stroke engine in 1967, they still had a ton of the 2-stoker engines in stock. So, they offered a lifetime warranty on the 2 stroke engine for the '67 model year. You could choose a V4 with a normal warranty, or the 3-cylinder with a lifetime warranty.

Now, this was not a guarantee of a trouble-free lifetime...they knew the engines were going to seize up. In fact, it would be safe to say that the gaurantee was that the engine would seize up. It was a promise that through the warranty, they would continue to provide new engines every time one seized up, for some undefined lifetime. I often wonder if someone still has one of those things and is still going back for new engines...

The most unusual experience I had with this was a late night engine change in a restaurant parking lot. I was the parts manager for the dealership, and good friends with the service manager. We got a call near closing time on a Friday afternoon that a good customer was stuck in a Howard Johnson parking lot in Portsmouth, NH. We loaded up a new engine (we kept several in stock) into the dealership's Ford Falcon pickup and took off (none of the mechanics were willing to work on a Friday night). We pulled into the parking lot about 8:30 PM, and went to work in the light coming from a restaurant window. The engines were light enough for 2 guys to put a chain on a horizontal pole and lift the engine manually. By 9:30 PM, we had the thing buttoned up and the customer was on his way to Maine. It helped that we used to Ice Race the 2-stroke Saabs, in the New England Ice Racing Association, and we were experienced at making field engine changes during a 4-hour endurance race. We could change the engine in the race car in about 10 minutes, but everyting was set up with quick disconnects.

But, I'm rambling again. I agree with Bob, a guarantee is not a warranty and vice versa.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Junkman said:
Please explain to me what the difference is except for the spelling....

A warranty is typically pro-rated so the longer you own the item the less the warranty pays if it fails.

A guarantee is typically full repair or replacement for the entire term of the guarantee. Think Craftsman hand tools, you break one, they replace it free, not questions asked.

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
Source: Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of Law, © 1996 Merriam-Webster, Inc.

warrantee

n 1: a recipient of a warrant issued by a court in the United States 2: a customer to whom a warrant or guarantee is given 3: a written assurance that some product or service will be provided or will meet certain specifications [syn: guarantee, warrant, warranty]
---------------------------------------
Source: Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of Law, © 1996 Merriam-Webster, Inc.

guarantee

n 1: a written assurance that some product or service will be provided or will meet certain specifications [syn: warrant, warrantee, warranty] 2: a pledge that something will happen or that something is true; "there is no guarantee that they are not lying" 3: a collateral agreement to answer for the debt of another in case that person defaults [syn: guaranty] v 1: give surety or assume responsibility; "I vouch for the quality of my products" [syn: vouch] 2: make certain of; "This nest egg will ensure a nice retirement for us"; "Preparation will guarantee success!" [syn: ensure, insure, assure, secure] 3: promise to do or accomplish; "guarantee to free the prisoners" [syn: undertake] 4: stand behind and guarantee the quality, accuracy, or condition of; "The dealer warrants all the cars he sells"; "I warrant this information" [syn: warrant]
------------------------------------
I have not been able to find a differance whenever I have looked in the past. It seems that the words are used interchangably.

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
B_Skurka said:
................ Think Craftsman hand tools, you break one, they replace it free, not questions asked.

My lifetime guarantee on my Craftsman Torque Wrench expired when they changed the product from a Lifetime guarantee to a 90 day guarantee. How do you explain that. The lifetime warranty on my 1987 Mercedes diesel engine particle trap and turbo changed with a letter advising me that the next time it was replaced, the warranty would only be for 12,000 miles or 12 months, which ever came first. How can this be?? The warranty or guarantee is only as good as the name behind it. Seems that manufacturers can change these warranties after the purchase and there is nothing that you can do about it. The only guarantee that we have today is death and taxes...