• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Kristi Porsche Engine .

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
I just realized that my Kristi KT3 has a old Porsche engine that came with it .I never looked closely at it until today because it has a siezed cylinder and God knows what else wrong and I wanted to upgrade to a bigger size ,so I replaced it . Anyway Is it worth anything to someone ? Should I keep it and have it rebuilt if possible ? I guess I should have looked a little closer :doh:

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
BigA, I'll take it off your hands. One of my KT-2s needs an engine. I've got the
'Bug Me' videos to help with a rebuild. :thumb:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
BigA, I'll take it off your hands. One of my KT-2s needs an engine. I've got the
'Bug Me' videos to help with a rebuild. :thumb:

Well hold on there Bobalouie . I'm still trying to figure out what I got and what kind of HP it produced . I stole some tin off it for the new engine too . It may be beyond help . :w00t2::w00t2::unsure:

I am starting to get quite a pile of old parts so maybe I got something that is actually good . How bout a big old actual Sun Tach that came on the Kristi ???:brows::brows:That thing is massive ! Also a dash gauge panel :brows::brows:.

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
Ha! What a coincidence! My new kitty has a big hole were the tach once was.

3m23oa3l3ZZZZZZZZZ927054e13b55b8e1bfb.jpg

As far as the engine, I can cut tin. :thumb:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Ha! What a coincidence! My new kitty has a big hole were the tach once was.

As far as the engine, I can cut tin. :thumb:

Tell you what .... I get my hydro book back and the tach is yours ! :whistling:
Honestly though Bob the old Sun Tach is big and the electrical "behind the dash mounted box " that goes with it is about 2x4x2 in size !

Thats one reason why I "round canned" it . Reduce weight and size and to clean up the electrical wiring harrness!

The old "quick connect" dash panel is clean with only the factory holes in it .

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
I do not think the 2 holes near the top of the dash are stock ......

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
The Hydra book will be on it's way shortly.

No better picture available at this time. The holes on top of the dash are a 'mod'. Like you, I plan on changing the dash layout as well. I saw you're tiny tach, but I think that is smaller than I'd like. I'm going for a 'tweener' in size.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Yes but do you have one of these ???:w00t2::brows::brows:. Its the dash placard that came on the KT3 . I can reproduce one for you , because I am a wonderful guy :w00t2::brows:who can make a printed exact copy on heavy paper for free to anybody that needs one !!!

THE KRISTI CO.

P. O. BOX 15515 . . . DENVER 15, COLORADO

KRISTI Model_____
U.S. Patents 2,434,693 - 2,700,427 - 2,905,479 - 2,967,578 - 3,019,061​

Canada Patents 442,693 - 497,519
Serial No. _____________ Other Patents Pending
32* minus SAE-20 TRACK- Tension-Cleats-Guides
HYDRAULIC-SAE-10 (Non Detergent) Tires - 25psi
BATTERY LIGHTS
Pump throttle Choke as necessary to left or right until system starts to
Choke full Open Air inlet by-pass. Next close pump up valves
Turn key and press starter button Open Air outlet as necessary and return body to neutral position .
CRUISE-Engine RPM (VW2500-3300,Porsche 2700-3500,Corvair2600-4000)
Do not lug down.
GEARS-KT2A-KT3: Use red stick neutral only. Normal start 2nd or 3rd gear-low. Use Low-High shift to split gears if necessary .
KT4: has 4-speed transmission
TURN-Levers give 12’ minimum radius. “Caution” Turn gently over obstacles, soft ground, steep side-hills.
Brakes- Pull both levers at once. Park in 1st gear low.
SKI-ACTION HYDRAULIC CONTROL- Tilt left and right to level body. Return control to center when desired tilt is obtained
“Caution” Anticipate tilt necessary and adjust control on approach. KT4A- Refer to operating manual. * If red light remains on stop engine- check oil level- re-start in 3 minutes

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
A few of my cats have the original yellowed placard. You already sent me one of your repros for my first KT-3. :thumb: I may need a few more later.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
well crap ! it did not reprint right but I have made quite a few and they turn out right . Damn new computer !:unsure:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
I plan on changing the dash layout as well. I saw you're tiny tach, but I think that is smaller than I'd like. I'm going for a 'tweener' in size.

It matches my tiny brain and tiny pen... err uh :sad: brain . Its about 2 1/2 " in diameter .

I'm talking about the tach ! geez ... your mind is in the gutter !

Lyndon

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Porsche Guy Here: BIG AL! Wake up! The #$%^* Block alone is worth 500 to a thousand dollars, without the crank, cylinder's or heads! If that has a little *P ahead of the serial number and really is a Porsche industrial those buddies of mine on the Porsche 356/912 registry will be on you like the Crazed Mob Burning down Dr. Frankensteins castle! Have you checked E-Bay lately? Thay get 3000 to 5000 $ for one of those! Sometimes NOT RUNNING. That kind of bread would buy you another Kristi or go a long ways toward the rebuild of one of your current machines.(don't tell your wife I suggested that or I'll be in the 'doghouse' with her forever!) Which part of PORSCHE don't you understand?

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Bad news Bob . What I thougt was a "P" turned out to be a "1" in the engine number . Sorry about that . Here is a picture after I cleaned up the stamp numbers a while so I could see it better

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 123