• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Life's a circle

American Woman

Site Supporter
The room is dim...
It's only me, and him.
I cry for him
Hey, shhhhh....I'm here, I'm here......*whisper*
He comforts me with a kiss brushed across my cheek
He hugs me tight and I am loved......

What about you?
Me? I'm strong....there's nothing wrong
The room is dim...
It's only me, and him.
The sounds, they are consuming, they clutch my heart
all the while It's looking grim
He calls.....
Are you there? Are you still here?
I stand there froze in fear
My eyes are filled with tears
His with pain...
Like you....I am strong
I am going to be ok....Now, run along
The others.....they wait.
I will be ok if you never wake....
....I love you Daddy

American Woman

Site Supporter
Yes it is....It's my last minutes with Daddy.....it still hurts....it felt good putting these feelings into words...

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
You miss your dad a lot don't you? Good poem it shall help you through it. :thumb:

American Woman

Site Supporter
I know he's in a better place...it's those last days and minutes I can't work out of my head or make sense of yet. I woke last night and couldn't sleep :rolleyes:

urednecku

Site Supporter
And I wish with all my heart there was something, ANY thing, I could do to take that pain away....

Trakternut

Yeah, Redneck, there's just some things we can't do for our ladies, no matter how hard we wish. Tough watchin' 'em deal with losses, ain't it?

American Woman

Site Supporter
And I wish with all my heart there was something, ANY thing, I could do to take that pain away....

Yeah, Redneck, there's just some things we can't do for our ladies, no matter how hard we wish. Tough watchin' 'em deal with losses, ain't it?

Some people have actually implied that dwelling was a sign of weakness, or just say, "what a whinner". I go about my daily life. I never skipped a beat after this....well except for that nap I took later that day.
I'm allowed to feel something and not be called a whiner.
I have to laugh at people that spew things like this ......It's a sign of their own weakness to not be able to show compassion. I'm not dwelling on the painful stuff. What doesn't kill me, will only make me stronger. It shows you two men have seen some broken heart moments of your own. You reach out with no malice....only gentleness.

cowgirl

Silver Member
Site Supporter
AW I know what you mean about those last days and minutes and not being able to work them out of your head or make sense of them.

when I was in high school I watched my 26 yr. old cousin die from a drug overdose. the memory of him just before he passed away will be with me for life. as time passes I lose the good memories, but that last memory will never fade.

Trakternut

Some people have actually implied that dwelling was a sign of weakness, or just say, "what a whinner". I go about my daily life. I never skipped a beat after this....well except for that nap I took later that day.
I'm allowed to feel something and not be called a whiner.
I have to laugh at people that spew things like this ......It's a sign of their own weakness to not be able to show compassion. I'm not dwelling on the painful stuff. What doesn't kill me, will only make me stronger. It shows you two men have seen some broken heart moments of your own. You reach out with no malice....only gentleness.
Corey, you know damn well what my household has been through in the last ten years.

American Woman

Site Supporter
Corey, you know damn well what my household has been through in the last ten years.
Yes, I do....you still deserve a little noticing :brows:
Monte, not everyone comes out of hard times more compassionate than when they went in.
Yer are one of the good guys.....you can like it...or lump it.

Trakternut

Yes, I do....you still deserve a little noticing :brows:
Monte, not everyone comes out of hard times more compassionate than when they went in.
Yer are one of the good guys.....you can like it...or lump it.

Yeah, well, :shifty: don't let that word get out. I don't want nobody thinkin' I belong in Sushi's apartment. :hide:

American Woman

Site Supporter
AW I know what you mean about those last days and minutes and not being able to work them out of your head or make sense of them.

when I was in high school I watched my 26 yr. old cousin die from a drug overdose. the memory of him just before he passed away will be with me for life. as time passes I lose the good memories, but that last memory will never fade.
I know there will be an easier time for me "with time".
Momma died 11 years ago, and the memories of her dieing are the first lost battle for me. I thought when she stopped breathing I wouldn't be able to breath myself. But finally with time I'm able to see her in myself, and I see her in my kids. I still remember the hard times but they don't hurt as much. So I know there will be a time I remember Daddy with laughter. Right now when I do remember the times he was funny I feel sad because of his pain in the end.
Time really does help.

Trakternut

Uh huh. Sure.......you betcha. Blame poor Stevie for your misdeeds. Now I s'pose you'll say he's the father of your chi..............nevermind.

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
Can't believe youse guys are calling Mr. Potato Head fat! That's just not right. :rolleyes: :poke:

By the way T-nuts, looks like someone pushed your mustache in a little crooked. Give it a little twist to your right.

Trakternut

Nuh-uh. Tomorrow I gotta do sewer stuff. No lunch at Shusi's place. Besides, I gotta keep my man card up. That Foo-foo stuff won't help that cause none at all!

cowgirl

Silver Member
Site Supporter
speaking of man cards-whatever happened to the man card poll regarding redneck????